• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Say Hey sent me that and it reminded me of the time Rubbins Racin brought a kazoo into a Chairmen of the Board show at Ziggy's and busted off some dope kazoo solos, much to the delight of everyone in attendance.

New Sturgill Simpson album drops tomorrow; only one single came out so I'm pretty pumped to hear the rest of it.

I really dig this new Sturgill album; about what I expected from him. I've listened to it twice so far today and I think it rips so I'll swing by the record store on the way home to grab it on vinyl. I really hope he does a big tour next summer.

Last edited:

Been listening to this Running on Empty album all Sunday

The way he says “that’s impossible” here always reminds me of Mitch Hedberg

This song rules so much. I guess he doesn’t play it with these lyrics anymore. Glenn Frey can be heard at the end. Good shit.

That dude is also a genius. He wrote "These Days" when he was like 16. 16! His recording is still my favorite version, even more than Nico's. Those first few albums are amazing.

Last edited:
Also partially/mostly responsible for one of the acceptable Eagles' songs, "Take It Easy," which I'm pretty sure Glenn Frey just stole a writing credit for after coming up with like one line.

Also partially/mostly responsible for one of the acceptable Eagles' songs, "Take It Easy," which I'm pretty sure Glenn Frey just stole a writing credit for after coming up with like one line.
Browne told a version of the story in a radio interview: "I knew Glenn Frey from playing these clubs - we kept showing up at the same clubs and singing on the open-mic nights. Glenn happened to come by to say 'hi,' and to hang around when I was in the studio, and I showed him the beginnings of that song, and he asked if I was going to put it on my record and I said it wouldn't be ready in time. He said 'well, we'll put it on, we'll do it,' 'cause he liked it," Browne explained. "But it wasn't finished, and he kept after me to finish it, and finally offered to finish it himself. And after a couple of times when I declined to have him finish my song, I said, 'all right.' I finally thought, 'This is ridiculous. Go ahead and finish it. Do it.' And he finished it in spectacular fashion. And, what's more, arranged it in a way that was far superior to what I had written."

The recording of Running on Empty is really something. Some live tracks recorded on stage, some on the tour bus, some in a hotel room. They crammed a drum kit into a Holiday Inn room and recorded vocals in the bathroom. Awesome. You can hear the bus on Nothing but Time.

Yeah, he's just trying to play nice. We all know Frey stole the writing credit, that thief. JB is being diplomatic because he is more zen.

I'm mainly just talking shit, but swear I heard it somewhere -- maybe in that big documentary from a few years ago -- that his nickname was something like Glenn "1/3rd" Frey, because if you didn't watch out, he'd jump in on a song a couple others would be working on, slip a word or line in, and claim a third of the writing credit.

Browne told a version of the story in a radio interview: "I knew Glenn Frey from playing these clubs - we kept showing up at the same clubs and singing on the open-mic nights. Glenn happened to come by to say 'hi,' and to hang around when I was in the studio, and I showed him the beginnings of that song, and he asked if I was going to put it on my record and I said it wouldn't be ready in time. He said 'well, we'll put it on, we'll do it,' 'cause he liked it," Browne explained. "But it wasn't finished, and he kept after me to finish it, and finally offered to finish it himself. And after a couple of times when I declined to have him finish my song, I said, 'all right.' I finally thought, 'This is ridiculous. Go ahead and finish it. Do it.' And he finished it in spectacular fashion. And, what's more, arranged it in a way that was far superior to what I had written."

Jackson used to play a week for free (and covered his own expenses) at The Main Point to help Mrs. Campbell keep the place open and accessible to all ages.

Been (kinda painstakingly) cleaning up some of my older records. Finally got Marvin Gay LIVE at the London Palladium in good shape and it is a burner. Side 4 is just 11 minutes of Got to Give it Up. Johnny McGhee is absolutely tearing it up on guitar.

New Sturgill Simpson album drops tomorrow; only one single came out so I'm pretty pumped to hear the rest of it.

The album and the anime accompanying it are amazing. The evolution of Simpson by album is just incredible. He’s the most interesting player in the game right now.

Back