• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I've been reading Levon Helm's book, "This Wheel's On Fire" and it's great - really changing how I listen to and think of The Band. Would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in The Band or the evolution of American rock in general.

He was a fan of Stokes County's (formerly G-boro's) own Laurelynn Dossett, and covered at least one of her songs. She's a fantastic artist/songwriter.

The new song from Soccer Mommy ("Circle the Drain") is both super nostalgic and yet very fresh; feels equally at home in 2020 as it might have in 1996. Pretty sure that water park is the one I used to go to as a kid too.

New Will Oldham music:

Fellow archivist (though he is legit and curates the Alan Lomax archive, while I am just a dirty work staff guy) Nathan Salsburg on guitar on some of this record. Salsburg plays a lot with Joan Shelley (I think they're a couple) who I like alright, and on his own. I dig his stuff.

I’m at 50 posts a page, only halfway there. But I did just read that Dave Mustaine is writing a book about the making of Rust In Peace, so...

Plus Rammstein is doing a stadium tour in 2020

Hail satan

Rolling Stones teased a summer tour today. Then this was spotted uptown.

Scored a copy of Black and Blue vinyl for like 4 bucks Saturday. Also got Phil Ochs - Pleasures of the Harbor and Yes - Close To The Edge. Decent haul, all original pressings, and all under 6 bucks, I think.

Great Nicky Hopkins and Billy Preston piano and organ parts - may be my favorite Stones tune.

Last edited:

What a collection of musicians: Anderson, Wakeman, Bruford, Squire, and Howe. Peak prog.

Last edited:
New music from another occasional Will Oldham collaborator.

Last edited:
Is there a better use of alliteration in a song lyric than Zevon's "Little old lady got mutilated late last night"? Every time I hear it, it repeats in my head a hundred times because it is so fun to sing. Discuss or don't because that is the correct answer.

Last edited:
Forgot that Andy Gill produced a bunch of tracks off Futureheads' debut. These dudes had some great harmonies and that cool Gang of Four angularity ? (if that's a word/descriptor). This is a good record, and I think there second was as well, but I lost track after that.

Last edited:
Back