• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Sucks to think he never got to try really good weed

New John Moreland record out today. Up there with Isbell as one of today’s best songwriters, imo.

Anyone ever seen the Mountain Goats live? Would it be worth the effort to drive 2 hours up to Atlanta to see them on a Wednesday night in April? I'm a big fan of their early stuff (We shall all be healed, etc.) but less so of their more recent releases. There is also too much to keep up with. Regardless, he's a great song writer and I've never seen him live so I'm thinking about making the effort.

video=Iron Maiden Number of the Beast/video

Seems like the appropriate page to post this.

It occurred to me as I was watching this that this was probably the song I've listened to the most times and had never seen the music video. It was everything 80sDeacHead had ever hoped for.

Anyone ever seen the Mountain Goats live? Would it be worth the effort to drive 2 hours up to Atlanta to see them on a Wednesday night in April? I'm a big fan of their early stuff (We shall all be healed, etc.) but less so of their more recent releases. There is also too much to keep up with. Regardless, he's a great song writer and I've never seen him live so I'm thinking about making the effort.

Have seen them a dozen or so times by now. Always worth it. They take pride in mixing in the old tapes stuff with the new record they’re touring. I do really like In League With Dragons, and enjoyed the new songs live too. But they’ll play No Children and This Year every show, and those are fun singalongs but the real joy is which obscure oldies they’ll bust out. This tour Wurster is killing it too. Really tight musicians, John maybe the weakest among them.

Saw them at a festival in Atlanta 5 years ago. Really enjoyed them, and there was a topless girl sitting atop someone’s shoulders at around 6:30pm, so there was that too.

Threw Veckatimest on the record player this morning and it’s really doing it for me today, sun poring in through the windows warming my legs, dog snoring on the couch, just truly excellent vibes

some 2020 releases I'm digging:

Mac Miller - Circles
Makaya McCraven -We're New Again
Kaytranada (actually 2019) - BUBBA

last night went to the live band recreation of J Dilla's Donuts, third year I've gone -- always a good show

Threw Veckatimest on the record player this morning and it’s really doing it for me today, sun poring in through the windows warming my legs, dog snoring on the couch, just truly excellent vibes

Great record. My phone alarm defaulted to “About Face” at some point, I guess because of the alphabet, but I have kept it because it’s pleasant to wake up to. They put on a good show, too. Great musicians, great harmonies.

New Destroyer is dope, new Andy Shauf — dope, new Field Music and Omni: also dope. Those have been the new releases I’ve been digging. Very white — need to get into the new Jeff Parker and maybe want to check out the McKraven reimagining of the Gil Scott-Heron thing.

some 2020 releases I'm digging:

Mac Miller - Circles
Makaya McCraven -We're New Again
Kaytranada (actually 2019) - BUBBA

last night went to the live band recreation of J Dilla's Donuts, third year I've gone -- always a good show

Whoops, was typing and didn’t see this.

New Destroyer is dope, new Andy Shauf — dope, new Field Music and Omni: also dope. Those have been the new releases I’ve been digging. Very white — need to get into the new Jeff Parker and maybe want to check out the McKraven reimagining of the Gil Scott-Heron thing.

new Jeff Parker is nice

Sucks to think he never got to try really good weed

There was always really good weed if you had his kind of money. There was some Jamaican back in the day that would stack up to today. Thai sticks and Cheeba Cheeba would stack up to anything today. Hell, I even saw some Acapulco Gold last month.

Of course, the run of the mill today is massively better. What's weird is that hash oil is about the same price or cheaper today than it was back in the 70s and much cheaper if your factor in inflation.

Patrick-Stewart-gag-reel-897x494.jpg

Last edited:
Isbell released a single off the new record, due out May 15th. It’s a good lead single, I think.

Drove back from Ohio today and put on Cornell (Barton Hall ‘77 not Chris) and then Yes - The Yes Album, Fragile, and Close To The Edge. In what were miserable driving conditions, those helped the ride.

Back