• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

negrep to Andre for linking to hipsterrunoff.

what a fucking miserable site. I've never wanted to beat up a blogger so badly.

I've heard that dickhead's show on Sirius/XM and it's unbearable.

And that's not because they play Television. So it's probably not Moonzz.

Ha. I'd much rather listen to Love than most of the music that comes out these days.

Not sure how much of a hipster that makes me.

I just happen to be a huge fan of the godfather of hipster bands.

XPN music Festival lineup just announced

*Wilco - The Avett Brothers - Dr. Dog - 7/21 at SBC
*Counting Crows - 7/22 at SBC
The Hold Steady
Kathleen Edwards
Diego Garcia
War On Drugs
John Wesley Harding's Cabinet of Wonders
Patterson Hood
Mike Doughty
Ozomatli
Lee Ranaldo Band
JD Souther
The Lumineers
Good Old War
JC Brooks & the Uptown Sound
JD McPherson
Work Drugs
Delta Rae
City Rain
Matt Santry Band
Dana Alexandra
and more.....

7/20-7/22

$45 for XPN members, $90 for non members. Suuuuuper pumped. This was a lot of fun last year.

I'm really looking forward to the headliners and especially Hold Steady, Ozomatli, and The Lumineers.

The Garage has been sold:

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/201...ue-sold-ar-2225764/?sc_cid=WSJ-NEWS-PMDlyNews

Tharpe said he plans to consistently open the venue five nights a week. In the past, the venue was open only if a band was playing.

Tharpe said he and Cole also plan to up fit the building with air conditioning, and they plan to install high-definition video cameras to stream shows at The Garage live on the venue's website.

The place is just unbearable during the summer because of the lack of A/C, so this is great news. As long as they still keep the Big Ass Fan.

The music trivia they host the third Thursday of each month is one of my favorite things to do in Winston. It's skewed a little too heavily towards new wave and 80s alternative sometimes, but it's a great way to spend an evening. Even more so since they began bringing in live bands to cover the songs they choose. The same guys who run trivia also run a monthly CD club that I just got into.

negrep to Andre for linking to hipsterrunoff.

what a fucking miserable site. I've never wanted to beat up a blogger so badly.

You know its 200% parody right? Dude is the ultimate troll of hipster dbags.

I agree that he tries way too hard, but some of his stuff is gold. His piece on crusties from a few months back killed me.

The Twitter account is hilarious. I can't stand the blog though.

Skip the first 30-45 seconds of this video. Some are saying Moostache will be the next big band from OC following such groups as No Dolubt, Social Distortion, Offspring and Korn.

Back