• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

ok i'll stop, but here's new stuff from Animal Collective!

ton of good stuff streaming this week.

NPR has Rufus Wainwright, Santigold, and Lower Dens. Spinner has Jack White, Dandy Warhols, Ryan Adams (iTunes sessions), and a ton of others.

To probably make some of y'all feel old, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot came out ten years ago today (4/23/02).

New Santigold sounds shiiiiiiiiiiitttttyyyyyyyy. Writer's block and joining the wrong kind of label for your music...woof.

ton of good stuff streaming this week.

NPR has Rufus Wainwright, Santigold, and Lower Dens. Spinner has Jack White, Dandy Warhols, Ryan Adams (iTunes sessions), and a ton of others.

New Santigold sounds shiiiiiiiiiiitttttyyyyyyyy. Writer's block and joining the wrong kind of label for your music...woof.

I dunno about shitty. But sort of disappointing definitely. Her first album was soooo solid, it would have been impossible to top. This one has some decent tunes, but is way uneven.
I really like 'Disparate Youth'.

All in all though, I am pretty disappointed with the spring albums I was most looking forward to, namely, Jack White, Tanlines, Santigold, and Diamond Rugs. Of all of those, Diamond Rugs is the only one that really delivered.

Hopefully the new Yeasayer will save the spring buzzz.

Yea not a ton of great delivery on Spring albums. Though some of the late winter stuff was pretty solid.

Still digging on that Sharon Van Etten and Yellow Ostrich. Two of my favorites of the year so far to go along with Andrew Bird.

Apache Relays are opening for Young the Giant this week. I've listened to some of their music, not terrible. Anyone seen them live? Worth getting there to see the whole set?

So, I have been listening to "Lolita Nation" non stop and it lives up to its rep as a sprawling mess of a masterpiece

I think Neko Case might be better at singing than any other person in the world is at any instrument.

Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi and Bela Fleck sat in with the Sam Bush Band tonight at Merlefest and they played Bell Bottom Blues, Gimme Shelter and Cripple Creek.

Hate that I missed that.

Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi and Bela Fleck sat in with the Sam Bush Band tonight at Merlefest and they played Bell Bottom Blues, Gimme Shelter and Cripple Creek.

Hate that I missed that.

They also came out and joined Los Lobos in the late set, including a infernal version of "Bertha".

Back