• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Just got a saturday ticket, will purchase a friday ticket soon (can't believe the 3 day sold out so fast). Also the lineup for each day is now up on the official Lollapaloza site.

All three days have some seriously stacked talent, but I think it might get better every day. Luckily this year I am flying out Monday instead of Sunday night, so I can actually stick around for the night shows Sunday. I can't even describe how pumped I am to see Sigur Ros. They are playing in Philly tonight. Tried to get a ticket, but they sold out rull quick.

There have been a couple that came close. Driven and Far Cry are both really good.

Last edited:
Subdivisions
New World Man

Those were the 2 I was thinking of, but I like this new one a lot better. It has more energy and updates their old progressive bent nicely. I hear a bit of Bastille Day and By-Tor in the new tune.

Those were the 2 I was thinking of, but I like this new one a lot better. It has more energy and updates their old progressive bent nicely. I hear a bit of Bastille Day and By-Tor in the new tune.

yep.

I read that the Foo Fighters producer did this one. Peart's written about hanging out with with Taylor Hawkins and the Foos, admitted Rush fanatics. I guess some of that edge that rubbed off of Rush onto Grohl and friends as kids has rubbed back onto the holy triumvirate..

Yeah, but the song doesn't really have a hook, and the lyrics are sappy and meaningless.

I like that it doesn;t have a hook and doesn't follow the traditional pop song structure. I know what you mean about sappy lyrics, but I have kinda gotten used to Peart's new style. Not bad

Yeah, but the song doesn't really have a hook, and the lyrics are sappy and meaningless.

The new album is going to be based on a science fiction novel or something, so I doubt the lyrics make much sense out of the context of the story (I didn't bother to look them up). Basically, they've gone back to the concept album days.

As for a hook, hooks are overrated, as well as immensely subjective. A good riff, which this song has, is as good as any vocal hook. It's not like Rush is looking to climb to the top of the charts these days. At this point in their career, this song is damn near perfect. Between Alex's riffage, Geddy's ridiculous bass playing, and Mr. Peart's usual drumming mayhem, it's a virtual jizzfest for the music nerds who make up 100% of Rush's audience.

Heard this again tonight...kinda melancholy....I miss my guys John and Gene.

Sweet pic of Flying Lotus, Gaslamp Killer, and Thom Yorke DJing a show at Coachella

gaslamp_yorke1.jpg

Back