• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Pretty spectacular live music duo for me after seeing Rush on Thursday and Tallest Man on Earth last night at the DPAC. Just made a few purchases at Underdog records in Winston and planning to crack open a few beers and jam out.

They moved recently, actually. It's on Burke Street and there's an incredibly convenient gravel lot across the street for parking. Today was my first trip there, and I walked away very impressed. Nice mix of new and used records (mostly new), and the owner seems like a good dude. Definitely worth checking out.

Halfway through Surf and it's real dope, but it also solidifies my opinion that Chance is musical director and cultural creative than he is a rapper. He does a good job of staying out of the way of his collaborators.

FFS. A new collaborative supergroup featuring Scottish alternative band Franz Ferdinand and 70s glam pop band Sparks. Good stuff.

FFS. A new collaborative supergroup featuring Scottish alternative band Franz Ferdinand and 70s glam pop band Sparks. Good stuff.

This collab was on Later with Jools Holland recently and played a few songs, including Johnny Delusional.

Opinions on Rush's best songs?

Red Barchetta > YYZ > Fly by Night > Tom Sawyer just off the top of my head. I'm not crazy about Limelight or Closer to the Heart

Hemispheres was my favorite growing up, so I'd have to go with Cygnus X-I, Book II.

My fucking speaker on my computer at work isn't working. Speaker, you're fired.

No. I have an office. I know the sound quality's better, but I don't want to wear headphones for hours at a time.

It's cool, Biff, you'll just have to wait until you're at home alone some time to BLAST "Cygnus X-1, Book II Hemispheres: Prelude/Apollo (Bringer of Wisdom)/Dionysus (Bringer of Love)/Armageddon (The Battle of Heart and Mind)/Cygnus (Bringer of Balance)/The Sphere (A Kind of Dream)" like I know you want to.

Back