• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

nonzero chance TAB has had sex to an Aubrey Graham song

Ugh. If Horn of Plenty wasn't an experimental mess Grizzly Bear would qualify.

3 Feet High and Rising, De La Soul Is Dead, Buhloone Mindstate, Stakes Is High

ez.

a0866121644_16.jpg

This mixtape is lovingly presented to the fine folks over at r/comeonandslam. It was made over the course of 5 weeks in between October and November, 2012. Every track is a remix/mashup of the Space Jam theme song and other elements.

https://r0cketsauce.bandcamp.com/album/its-time-to-slam-jam

Not guilty that I am aware of. Although I will admit Coldplay and even the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack.

Idk man I was listening to his "top tracks" on YouTube today at work and like every third song I was like shiiiiit this is him?

Also Trust Issues is great to fuck to or Crew Love or any of the bad/great Weeknd collabs.

Funeral, Neon Bible, The Suburbs, Reflektor gotta be on there somewhere. I think Modest Mouse has a pretty good claim with Long Drive, Lonesome Crowded West, Moon & Antarctica, and GNFPWLBN. 808s haders are stupid, that run absolutely qualifies.

If Pablo Honey hadn't been shit (or hadn't existed), could've gone with The Bends, OK Computer, Kid A, and Amnesiac.

Local Business torpedoed an otherwise perfect run for +@... likewise, Suck It and See ruined a pretty good run for Arctic Monkeys
Kanye is currently performing 808s in entirety at the Hollywood Bowl, first show sold out in minutes so he scheduled another one for the next night

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...econd-show-hollywood-bowl-20150901-story.html

I just picked up American Specialties by Parquet Courts. It was their demo-ish debut album. It's pretty weird but I like it. Definitely a couple standout tracks. Wasn't sure if it was posted here but they have an EP coming out in the fall and are touring it. I'm pretty psyched to see them.

And for first four albums I definitely agree with Arcade Fire for more recent artists. I'd also put the first four White Stripes albums up there.

Fugazi. If you count 13 Songs, there's Repeater, Steady Diet of Nothing (their best IMO), In on the Kill Taker. Not counting 13 Songs, there's Red Medicine.

And for first four albums I definitely agree with Arcade Fire for more recent artists. I'd also put the first four White Stripes albums up there.

I thought about White Stripes, but I don't think I've ever given De Stijl a solid listen, and their 5th album (Get Behind Me Satan) is my favorite of theirs.

I thought about White Stripes, but I don't think I've ever given De Stijl a solid listen, and their 5th album (Get Behind Me Satan) is my favorite of theirs.
How have you never given De Stijl a solid listen?!?!?

I dunno, I just never really got around to it. It's the only album of theirs that I haven't spent time with, though

1. Get Behind Me Satan
2. Elephant
3. Icky Thump
4. White Blood Cells
5. S/T

Wait, no, White Blood Cells is higher. The first half of that cd is a next level track sequence. (From Dead Leaves through Little Room, I think)

Maybe swap Elephant and White Blood Cells? Looking at the track list, I think Elephant might be a lil overrated. Very top heavy.

Last edited:
Back