• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

Stubbs is a good time. Defs make time to go to one of their "gospel" brunches on a Sunday. Make your own mimosa bar and a gospel choir singing all your favorite jams. I've heard it gets rowdy.

Stubbs is a good time. Defs make time to go to one of their "gospel" brunches on a Sunday. Make your own mimosa bar and a gospel choir singing all your favorite jams. I've heard it gets rowdy.

You just decided what I'm doing in the morning. Thank you.

Their last 2009 album, Up From Below is classic, even though it has been played a gazillion times. I think their new album, Here is underrated. Very solid, imo. I saw them live a few months ago and while they weren't super sharp, they were very good. The chick, Jade Castrinos, is a singular talent. Defs worth $25 to check out. I think they are swinging back through the east coast, Asheville and maybe somewhere else close, this fall.

The Asheville show is on a Thurs night, but I still think I might go. I have to imagine that they are great live.

Also for my fellow Avett lovers, Live Volume 3 is back on Spotify. Which is awesome because I love that version of Salvation Song. Its just so great live.

New Imagine Dragons and Two Door Cinema Club albums are up on Spotify. Hooray.

The Asheville show is on a Thurs night, but I still think I might go. I have to imagine that they are great live.

Also for my fellow Avett lovers, Live Volume 3 is back on Spotify. Which is awesome because I love that version of Salvation Song. Its just so great live.

Ive saw them live three times in the span of a few months when they were touring behind their first album. First they played 529, which is a bar that can hold maybe 50 people. A few months later they sold out the Variety which can hold around 1K and then a few months after that they sold out the Tabernacle which is over 2500. They blew up crazy fast, and yes they are good live.

Yeasayer freaking cancelled their atlanta show for 'family reasons' on sat night. Also cancelled chapel hill and boston. bummer.

New video for DIIV's Doused. Collab band with some bros from Beach Fossils and some other bros from some other band. Really like this tune.

Yeasayer freaking cancelled their atlanta show for 'family reasons' on sat night. Also cancelled chapel hill and boston. bummer.

New video for DIIV's Doused. Collab band with some bros from Beach Fossils and some other bros from some other band. Really like this tune.

Whew, glad I didn't make an effort to attend that show then.

Just started giving this grizzly bear a listen. Lovin' the first track.

I want to give it ten more listens, but it's so good. So fucking good. I love this album. By far their easiest to enjoy. I feel like critics won't like it, though. I would have thought, seeing as how it's been streaming for a good 12 hours now, that Pitchfork would have named it Best New Music already.

I want to give it ten more listens, but it's so good. So fucking good. I love this album. By far their easiest to enjoy. I feel like critics won't like it, though. I would have thought, seeing as how it's been streaming for a good 12 hours now, that Pitchfork would have named it Best New Music already.

Seems that way so far, I'm really digging it.

Two Gallants are playing this Thursday in Asheville. Playing on going to have my face rocked off. If you're not familiar, check them out.

Somewhat related but I had one of the tunes from that last Department of Eagles album come on the other day and that shit sounded good, too.

Back