• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah St.

Those things make me nervous.

Hearing Clawson say that our tackling was poor in our 1st scrimmage and knowing we lost our two best tacklers...yeah, makes me worried.

I'm worried mainly due to past week 1 results under Clawson that weren't against FCS opponents. ULM was about as bad as it can get (For obvious reasons I'm not counting this against Claw). Tulane game in 2016 (heavy favorites and slipped by with a 7-3 win). Tulane game last season was fugly as well. From those prior week 1 games I expect to see a tight and ugly game with some mistakes. We may very well drop game 1 in a similar type of game, but Clawson usually has his team get better throughout the course of a season. If we do happen to drop the first game it won't spell doom for the season is what I'm getting at.

I'm worried mainly due to past week 1 results under Clawson that weren't against FCS opponents. ULM was about as bad as it can get (For obvious reasons I'm not counting this against Claw). Tulane game in 2016 (heavy favorites and slipped by with a 7-3 win). Tulane game last season was fugly as well. From those prior week 1 games I expect to see a tight and ugly game with some mistakes. We may very well drop game 1 in a similar type of game, but Clawson usually has his team get better throughout the course of a season. If we do happen to drop the first game it won't spell doom for the season is what I'm getting at.

Much different than Grobe when we fell flat on our face in November.

I expect a tough game and anyway we come away with a win will be good.

Completely agree with your concern. Speed does you NO good when you are flat on your back from a pancake block.

Mike Allen moved inside. Thanks to Conor updating.

We now have 5 guys for those 2 DT spots:

Kamara
Bergan
Bothroyd
Tyler Williams, out 2 weeks
Allen

Young guns redshirting:
Justin Williams
Will Smart

Read the USU write-up on their O-line. They have some big guys but are very inexperienced. The 11 guys mentioned as competing for starting jobs have a combined total of 15 starts and 75 game appearances. Some of those from a guy switching from defense to offense.
Justin Herron and Jake Benzinger each have more starts than their whole line.

Hey all, Aggie fan here! It’s interesting to see the expectations from the other side. As for me, I’m nervous for this game but excited. As for Utah States fresh o-line, they did lose a lot of experience, but not as much as it may seem. Many of the players who will start this year, had lots of experience last year during our many blowouts. I’m still nervous about them though. The WR’s are one spot that is going to be key for this season. We lost over 75% of our production. Last year, we had a lot of big and tall receivers, whereas this year, we have speed. On defense, we have a monster front 7. The best we’ve had in years. Tipa Galeai had a monster year last year. Daniel Woodward is an All American LB, who should be drafted after this year, although there are concerns of him playing at WF due to a concussion. We do have a lack of depth at DB and Safety which could be concerning, as it sounds like Wakes receivers are going to be good. I’m expecting a battle on both sides of the ball. If Wake can take advantage of the inexperienced Aggie O-line, they will win this game. I’m hope we can have a great game with no injuries!! Good luck!! If anyone has any questions about the Aggies please let me know!

Hey all, Aggie fan here! It’s interesting to see the expectations from the other side. As for me, I’m nervous for this game but excited. As for Utah States fresh o-line, they did lose a lot of experience, but not as much as it may seem. Many of the players who will start this year, had lots of experience last year during our many blowouts. I’m still nervous about them though. The WR’s are one spot that is going to be key for this season. We lost over 75% of our production. Last year, we had a lot of big and tall receivers, whereas this year, we have speed. On defense, we have a monster front 7. The best we’ve had in years. Tipa Galeai had a monster year last year. Daniel Woodward is an All American LB, who should be drafted after this year, although there are concerns of him playing at WF due to a concussion. We do have a lack of depth at DB and Safety which could be concerning, as it sounds like Wakes receivers are going to be good. I’m expecting a battle on both sides of the ball. If Wake can take advantage of the inexperienced Aggie O-line, they will win this game. I’m hope we can have a great game with no injuries!! Good luck!! If anyone has any questions about the Aggies please let me know!

Good stuff. Thanks. Many of us are nervous but optimistic.
I know it’s a long way back east for this game but hopefully those that come enjoy the trip. We have a beautiful stadium.

Last year Jordan Love threw 417 times, and in several games he threw over 40 times. Do you see Gary Andersen keeping that going this season, especially early on? From what I remember from his time at Wisconsin his offense was more run oriented, but if he has a QB like Love, I don't see why he would change it if it aint broken.

As good as Syracuse's front 7 from a few years ago? #insidejoke

Last year Jordan Love threw 417 times, and in several games he threw over 40 times. Do you see Gary Andersen keeping that going this season, especially early on? From what I remember from his time at Wisconsin his offense was more run oriented, but if he has a QB like Love, I don't see why he would change it if it aint broken.

Our offense isn’t going to change much. It will still be an equal amount of running and passing. Andersen has really emphasized that he isn’t going to make the players learn a new playbook and system, the coaches are just going to keep what worked for the players last season.

Our offense isn’t going to change much. It will still be an equal amount of running and passing. Andersen has really emphasized that he isn’t going to make the players learn a new playbook and system, the coaches are just going to keep what worked for the players last season.

How is it going with 50 new players on the roster? (Can’t believe how that is doable)
Sounds like lots of guys have to learn lots of new plays.

How is it going with 50 new players on the roster? (Can’t believe how that is doable)
Sounds like lots of guys have to learn lots of new plays.

Yeah that’s definitely something that amazed me as well. They have been doing well from what I’ve heard. Most wont see much playing time, other then a couple in the secondary and the o line.

Yeah that’s definitely something that amazed me as well. They have been doing well from what I’ve heard. Most wont see much playing time, other then a couple in the secondary and the o line.

I just can't see how some see a blowout for you guys in Winston. I made it a point to tell all our guys saturday that your fans were predicting you guys drop 50 on us next Friday lol

Back