• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah State

If we win our first 2 games, create some momentum, go out there and play loose, then who knows. It would quietly be a very big win early in Clawson's career here.

We are going to be awestruck on Thursday night with the Camo Out and the Duck Commander. We may not recover by the time we go to Utah State.

Mildly surprised how some here don't realize how good Utah State is....particularly with this QB. This biz of how all-time good our DB's are is gonna be put to a rather severe litmus test by this kid Keating. He could light us up for 400+ yards and 4 TD's. Thing I'm less informed about is their defense.

Maybe a 38-27 type game ?

Mildly surprised how some here don't realize how good Utah State is....particularly with this QB. This biz of how all-time good our DB's are is gonna be put to a rather severe litmus test by this kid Keating. He could light us up for 400+ yards and 4 TD's. Thing I'm less informed about is their defense.

I know they're good and it's a tough place to go play, but I don't think it's a stretch to feel like we've got a shot at least. Their overall talent level shouldn't be like that of a good BCS school, so I don't think we just pencil in a loss and go on at this point. Their QB is special though and will gives us fits, we'll need to be very good on offense to counter that game.

I know they're good and it's a tough place to go play, but I don't think it's a stretch to feel like we've got a shot at least. Their overall talent level shouldn't be like that of a good BCS school, so I don't think we just pencil in a loss and go on at this point. Their QB is special though and will gives us fits, we'll need to be very good on offense to counter that game.

...which feels like a stretch

From a playcalling, scheming, discipline, timing, and development standpoint, I expect us to get better. But from a talent standpoint, who are the skill players you think can allow us to be "very good on offense"?

From a playcalling, scheming, discipline, timing, and development standpoint, I expect us to get better. But from a talent standpoint, who are the skill players you think can allow us to be "very good on offense"?

Don't know, I guess we'll start finding out if there are any Thursday night. I'm real interested to see how Matt James does this year though, Clawson has mentioned several times about how much he has improved since the new staff got here. James is a guy that COULD, give us something we haven't had in awhile. That being a big, possession type receiver that smaller opposing corners have trouble matching up with. Honestly I have no idea what to expect on offense, we've got a new staff, a true freshman QB, true freshman center, unproven skill players, and an O-line that has underperformed in the past. Doesn't sound overly encouraging, but we'll see I guess.

Looks like I may be in for a rough trip. Anyone else going?

Don't forget your camo. Edit: My bad, I was thinking the ULM. Of course you could still wear camo I guess, that way if we're getting our ass beat maybe nobody sees you.

Last edited:
Don't know, I guess we'll start finding out if there are any Thursday night. I'm real interested to see how Matt James does this year though, Clawson has mentioned several times about how much he has improved since the new staff got here. James is a guy that COULD, give us something we haven't had in awhile. That being a big, possession type receiver that smaller opposing corners have trouble matching up with. Honestly I have no idea what to expect on offense, we've got a new staff, a true freshman QB, true freshman center, unproven skill players, and an O-line that has underperformed in the past. Doesn't sound overly encouraging, but we'll see I guess.

Man I wish we could have kept Uter. Seems like a James/Uter combo could have been legit.

Who were you talking about? Everybody who posted before was gloom and doom.

Got an invite from a huge Tennessee fan to that game..... Politely declined because 1: it's on Sunday night and fuck that drive and 2: things may get violent

They are going to beat our ass.

Lets see how Utah State does against Tennessee (a team that is at best a mid-tier Power 5 school right now) before we start waving the white flag. Utah State has won exactly one game against a Power 5/BCS conference in the last 10 years (Utah in OT in 2012). While the program has improved and there is that specter of that awful trip to AF the last time WF played in the Rocky Mountains, lets save the panicked "we have no chance" crap for a program that is worthy of that.

Back