• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah State

Don't know, I guess we'll start finding out if there are any Thursday night. I'm real interested to see how Matt James does this year though, Clawson has mentioned several times about how much he has improved since the new staff got here. James is a guy that COULD, give us something we haven't had in awhile. That being a big, possession type receiver that smaller opposing corners have trouble matching up with. Honestly I have no idea what to expect on offense, we've got a new staff, a true freshman QB, true freshman center, unproven skill players, and an O-line that has underperformed in the past. Doesn't sound overly encouraging, but we'll see I guess.
Absolutely a fascinating time to be a Deac fball/bball fan. So much we don't know yet. Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...

Wasn't he was our highest rated recruit (at the time)?

Depends on your definition of "contribute" I guess. Thought he would at least contend for the z receiver.

Yeah I liked him a lot but he wasn't ready to play. I deleted to avoid sour grapes

They may beat Tennessee

Always possible but UT is around a 6 point favorite at home and getting better with new coach. ESPN the Magazine started UT out at # 51 in the country & Utah St at #76. UT has won 19 straight home openers & Utah St has lost 16 straight road openers. Is their QB Chuckie Keeton healthy after last year's ACL injury?

The real question is whether UT will draw 100,00 in a home opener for the first time since 2007?

Back