• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah State

Just got back from Salt Lake City. Saw a black person. Also saw some sister wives. Nice city.

Hmmm. A Baptist calling out Mormons on their history of race relations? Nice! There's a real case of the pot calling the kettle bl...... Well, you know.

I'm not a Baptist. I prefer the title "godless heathen"

The only person I've ever met from Utah was a recovering heroin addict that was from an Iranian family.

Before the fall of the Shah and the rise of the Islamic Republic, there were lots of Iranians at Utah State University. The climates of Utah and Iran are similar. USU used to have an extension/academic farm in Iran. The USU faculty from agronomy, horticulture, agricultural engineering, etc. would rotate through there. Consequently, there is still a larger than one would expect Iranian community in Utah.

Back