• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA Lacrosse Murder Trial

VA is 1 of the more active death penalty states. Which is why Muhammad was tried here instead of MD, even though most of his murders were committed in MD - much broader categories for capital murder. But most domestic type homicides don't even fit into the aggravating factors necessary for a capital murder charge and will usually result in 2nd degree convictions. As for death penalty appeals to run their course, that usually takes several years, not 20. Did Fox News tell you it takes 20 years?

Yeah I know that it doesn't take 20 years but sometimes its pretty close. What are you implying with the Fox News? Oh, let me guess________!

VA is 1 of the more active death penalty states. Which is why Muhammad was tried here instead of MD, even though most of his murders were committed in MD - much broader categories for capital murder. But most domestic type homicides don't even fit into the aggravating factors necessary for a capital murder charge and will usually result in 2nd degree convictions. As for death penalty appeals to run their course, that usually takes several years, not 20. Did Fox News tell you it takes 20 years?

Yeah I know that it doesn't take 20 years but sometimes its pretty close. What are you implying with the Fox News? Oh, let me guess________! Either way this guy needs to be put to sleep.

I would prefer an execution for perps like him but I guess that would have taken another 20 yrs with appeals.

I was talking to my mom and we both have very mixed emotions.

On the one hand: The Love family has lost their daughter forever and Yeardley lost her life at FAR too young of an age.

On the other hand: 26 years is a long time for something that happened in an instant when you were drunk in college.

I see both sides, but I also know I've made questionable decisions in the past regarding whether or not I should drive (stopped that bad habit, thankfully). But for the grace of God, I could have taken a life, mine or someone else's because I was young and dumb and liquored up.

Rage

DeacCav: many of us can thank our good fortune for never having killed someone while DUI. This guy appeared to have rage in his soul with/without alcohol. Either way-2 families are now destroyed!

He looks like and reminds me of one of our suitemates freshman year. The guy was out of control. Fortunately, he had a kinder, more self-destructive personality and flunked out after one memorable year.

I was talking to my mom and we both have very mixed emotions.

On the one hand: The Love family has lost their daughter forever and Yeardley lost her life at FAR too young of an age.

On the other hand: 26 years is a long time for something that happened in an instant when you were drunk in college.

I see both sides, but I also know I've made questionable decisions in the past regarding whether or not I should drive (stopped that bad habit, thankfully). But for the grace of God, I could have taken a life, mine or someone else's because I was young and dumb and liquored up.

fuck that noise. the guy was abusive, told her he should kill her in an email the week before, and gruesomely beat her to death. not gonna chalk it up to a drunken mistake like not wearing a condom or something.

the scumbag is lucky to only get 26 years....

He's a violent dude. If it hadn't been her it would have been someone else.

He's a violent dude. If it hadn't been her it would have been someone else.

This is why I'm happy with 26 years, even though I wanted more like 30-40. He's a violent and entitled spoiled brat, who would have likely been an awful and abusive father and husband had he gotten married and had kids. I want him taken out of the gene pool, and 26 years is likely to do that.

Yeah I know that it doesn't take 20 years but sometimes its pretty close. What are you implying with the Fox News? Oh, let me guess________! Either way this guy needs to be put to sleep.

Then why did you write it if you knew it wasn't true?

And I'm guessing if you believe he should be executed, you prolly believe everyone in the country guilty of 1st or 2nd degree should be executed.

George Huguely V sentenced to 23 years for Yeardley Love murder

Virginia_Lacrosse_Slaying_01aed.jpg

I'm really surprised the judge lowered it by 2 years and let him do the 1 year on the larceny concurrently. I still would have taken 23 years with a Cville jury at the beginning of the case, though. Would have been 30-40 had the murder been committed in Albemarle County.

Back