• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Va. Tech - Wake predictions

jaybone

Reaction score
I have no feel for this game.

FSU, I had a slight hunch that with the rail thin frosh starting, we might get some turnovers early and get a talented FSU team skittish. I also thought we could get some first downs.

I didn't expect to win.

Va. Tech, I am feeling pretty good about. I know we generally get punched in the teeth, but their defense is not as stout as it usually is and I think defensively, we can control Logan and he could struggle all day through the air anyway.

But they so kicked our ass last year and if they get 7+ points off special teams ....

I don't know. Pencil me in as hopeful.

Depends on what Logan Thomas shows up, and how many turnovers we can force.

Their d-line is really banged up, and Price is going to have a ton of time to throw. I think Hosley will do a pretty good job on Givens, but the other receivers should have a pretty good game.

After last year our team had a great game of executing, and I expect that they will see a lot of the film from last year. We had great blocks at the LOS, as well as downfield that allowed Harris to go crazy. I expect we can do that again.

Not really sure what I'm predicting yet, but do think it will be a close one. We need to be the aggressors and hit them in the mouth first to avoid an emotional letdown after the FSU win.

I predict a close game, but a Deacon loss, only because I will be at the game.

24 - 31 Hokies. We need to bottle up David Wilson to have any chance of winning. Our performance against a hobbled Montel Harris was not encouraging.

Caness ran wild against VPI...so will we. Good guys win 27-21.

Worried about a letdown game here. Coming off a win where the team was highly motivated with a lot of players having personal vedettas against FSU, they may not get as amped for this game. This is still a pretty huge game so hopefully I'm wrong about this and the team still feels like they get no respectand come out with something to prove. It being a home game can mitigate a sluggish start. Cautiously optimistic.

We need to bottle up David Wilson to have any chance of winning. Our performance against a hobbled Montel Harris was not encouraging.

Yeah, wow, from his profile: "Has rushed for 767 yards on 130 carries (5.9 yards per carry) and five TD through five games, for an average of 127.8 rushing yards per game ... Has also caught 11 passes for 68 yards and a TD ... Currently totals 1091 all-purpose yards." Against our run D, that's frightening. Hope we can come up with something there.

Yeah, wow, from his profile: "Has rushed for 767 yards on 130 carries (5.9 yards per carry) and five TD through five games, for an average of 127.8 rushing yards per game ... Has also caught 11 passes for 68 yards and a TD ... Currently totals 1091 all-purpose yards." Against our run D, that's frightening. Hope we can come up with something there.

We have the 21st ranked rush defense in the country.

20-17 Wake Forest

They have some injuries on defense and the Logan Thomas I expect to see is the one that played against Clemson.

Vegas has the game 28-21 VT (VT -7, O/U 49)

Thomas' performance against Miami had more to do with their terrible pass defense. I'm worried about his mobility though.

We have the 21st ranked rush defense in the country.

And as discussed on the FSU prediction thread, I don't think we have played any good rushing teams. FSU, the best team we've played so far, was the only team ranked above us in the ACC in throwing offense. Our defense just hasn't been tested by a great rushing offense yet, so our numbers look good. Hopefully they continue to look good after this weekend.

Last edited:
Back