• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Va. Tech - Wake predictions

Normally, I would say if we played with the focus and intensity we did last week we would beat VT by 6 at home. BUT, Harris is out. I don't think we can make up the difference. Hokies by 4. And I hope Grobe proves me wrong.

VT is more banged up than we are.

They are also deeper than we are. But I'll be there. I won't have a voice after the game. I just hope we don't have the same officiating crew we had last week.

Dirty fans, dirty coach, dirty team- never forget 2006!

You may have a point with the dirty stuff, but throw out that 2006 game. We played 14 games that year and that was the only game where we just seemed listless most of the game. Not to mention we ran out of running backs and winning would have meant nothing.

Never forget how embarrassed we were after last year. That should be motivation enough.

You may have a point with the dirty stuff, but throw out that 2006 game. We played 14 games that year and that was the only game where we just seemed listless most of the game. Not to mention we ran out of running backs and winning would have meant nothing.

Never forget how embarrassed we were after last year. That should be motivation enough.

You're probably right. But I'm not letting it go. The dirty play, the late hits, the classless fans, the thousands of counterfeit tickets they used to gain access...Anyway, my apologies to the poster on here named "vtwhat..." (can't remember his full name) for painting all Hokies with a broad brush. He's a good guy. Obviously not all Hokie fans are classless, though I can't recall there ever being that many problems at Groves before. Anyway, just getting fired up for the game. :thumbsup: Let's hope it's a clean game with not a lot of liquored up Hokies causing problems in the stands and a Deacs win.

Dirty fans, dirty coach, dirty team- never forget 2006!

I remember being stunned when VT opened up last year against Boise State and so many Wake fans pulling for VT. I was at the WFU/VT game in 2006 and have never seen a worse bunch of fans in my life.

Edit:
WFU 24
Virginia Tech 20

We didn't have much incentive to go all out against VT in 2006. The Maryland game was for the Atlantic title regardless of how the VT game played out. It was pretty clear the coaching staff was focusing on the MD game.

We didn't have much incentive to go all out against VT in 2006. The Maryland game was for the Atlantic title regardless of how the VT game played out. It was pretty clear the coaching staff was focusing on the MD game.

The same would hold true tonight. But I hope we nail them.

Virginia Tech 45
Wake Forest 24

Don't feel it this game. Hope I am wrong.

I got the final margin right, missed each side by 7 points. VT just seems to always have our number. I must admit that a 10-0 lead with our defense putting them 3 and out for the first 4 series got my hopes up...but then we got back on our game and let them score 28 straight....

Afraid VPI is just too physical for us. We play close for a while but Tech pulls away. 38-20 Tech.

Love to be wrong!

Yeah, we came up one FG short on my prediction. Game went about how I thought it would, although they started pulling away a bit earlier than I thought.

I got the final margin right, missed each side by 7 points. VT just seems to always have our number. I must admit that a 10-0 lead with our defense putting them 3 and out for the first 4 series got my hopes up...but then we got back on our game and let them score 28 straight....

What does got back on our game suppose to mean?

It means our defense can never stop VT....our normal games vs. VT means they run right through our defense. When we put them 3 and out for the first 4 possessions it was an anomaly. Getting back on our game vs. VT means letting them score a lot of points. Which is what we tend to do vs. the Hokies.

Back