• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Veteran's Day

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I know we are all in a state of turmoil over this election cycle but we should not lose sight of what it's really all about.

happy-veterans-day-quotes-sms-for-veterans-image-3.jpg

In. Thanks for those I know and the ones I don't, who have fought or are fighting for the great freedoms that we have.

Not everyone seems to care.

What a guy that Colin Kaepernick must be. Here we were on Veterans Day Weekend and Kaepernick refused to stand for the National Anthem honoring all the men & women who died for this country so he could make millions of dollars playing football games. Then, after all the spouting off about his concerns over political issues, he couldn't be bothered to take five minutes of his time to even vote on Election Day. Move that guy to the top of the BLM Hero List !!!

What a guy that Colin Kaepernick must be. Here we were on Veterans Day Weekend and Kaepernick refused to stand for the National Anthem honoring all the men & women who died for this country so he could make millions of dollars playing football games. Then, after all the spouting off about his concerns over political issues, he couldn't be bothered to take five minutes of his time to even vote on Election Day. Move that guy to the top of the BLM Hero List !!!

Yea! We should force everyone to stand!

I never said that he had to stand, but some of us here are veterans......

So did men and women die for this country so he "could make millions of dollars playing football" or did they die so he could freely choose whether to stand or kneel?

So did men and women die for this country so he "could make millions of dollars playing football" or did they die so he could freely choose whether to stand or kneel?

As I said, Kaepernick has every right to be an asshole, if that's what he wants to do. I'm just saying that if you were a veteran, you might look at this differently.

Every time CK opens his mouth he demonstrates what a stupid punk he is. He and the others who do this aren't helping the NFL, but I doubt they care. No one really cares about him either, but it is a bit troubling that there are so many imitators out there. I have thought for a long time that love of country is becoming rarer among certain segments of our citizenry. Not a good thing.

kaepernick-ali-compressor.jpg

“If patriotism were defined, not as blind obedience to government, not as submissive worship to flags and anthems, but rather as love of one's country, one's fellow citizens (all over the world), as loyalty to the principles of justice and democracy, then patriotism would require us to disobey our government, when it violated those principles.” - Howard Zinn

Does Republican bkf still hate the Army-Navy game?

Does Republican bkf still hate the Army-Navy game?

I don't care anything about the Army-Navy game, but to me respecting veterans and glorifying the military in a football game are two completely different things. The first is simply individual respect for those for served. The second borders on nationalism.

I don't care anything about the Army-Navy game, but to me respecting veterans and glorifying the military in a football game are two completely different things. The first is simply individual respect for those for served. The second borders on nationalism.

hmm.gif

Where does playing the national anthem before every sporting event fall on the "respecting veterans" to "glorifying the military in a [sporting event] cum nationalism" spectrum?

As I said, Kaepernick has every right to be an asshole, if that's what he wants to do. I'm just saying that if you were a veteran, you might look at this differently.

Yup. I don't like it but if that's what he wants to do, it's his right. It's also my right to criticize him as well. I served under that flag and take offense to people that do the things that he's doing. I respect why he's doing it and the cause but there are better ways in my opinion to do it but that's just me. I also talked to a Vietnam Vet. today about Kaepernick and the flag burning that goes on with the current protests and his remark was "if they had to spend a little time in a foxhole, they might think different." Thanks to all that have served our nation.

Wonder what would cause someone to delete a post like this:

Yeah, I have to part ways with Coach Knight when it comes to the military. I think that glorifying the military and worshipping military power has gotten this country into a bunch of unnecessary trouble. We should have a strong military that fights wars by air and/or strategic seal-type actions....and as seldom as possible. We don't need to have 170,000-man invasion forces to occupy nations around the globe for highly questionable reasons. Just one man's opinion. I guess that the way "patriotism" was used to fan the fires for the Iraq War soured me on "waving the flag". And I am a veteran, so I think I have a right to express my opinion.

Back