• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

SNES Classic pre-orders are up... kind of. GameStop keeps crashing. Amazon, Target, Walmart and Best Buy were sold out as soon as they went live.

Thanks for the shortage, Nintendo. If only there were some history to predict this demand.

Was able to get an order in from the Gamestop mobile app.

Put 45 hours into BOTW in the last few weeks. It's so damn fun. Don't know about GOAT, but def in the convo for GOTY. Can't wait for Super Mario Odyssey. Going to be so dope.

I took the day off work on SNES classic release day and planning on setting up camping chair outside local gamestop at 6 AM with coffee and switch in hand.

So, I bought XCOM 2 for XBOX One, since it was on sale this week. I loved the last one, and have heard good things about this one, especially with the new expansion that just came out. This is the first time I have ever bought a game that straight up doesn't work. I can't even get past the title screen before it freezes. I suppose this is to be expected at times, but I can't believe the three step process of 2K putting out a patch that breaks a game completely, Microsoft passing that patch through cert, and then Microsoft putting that broken game on sale. Apparently there was not a problem on PS4 or PC with it (aside from general bugs already in the game), but I still do most of my gaming on XBOX, and it was on sale.

I finally got an upgraded rig, so I can start playing all those games in my Steam library that I could only look at and say "soon". First up, oddly enough, XCOM 2. It's on pc, so no major bugs, though I've seen some minor glitches that didn't affect anything. Much fun, I dig it more than the first one. Rather I should say the previous XCOM. Seems much deeper. Note - I'm still on first playthrough so certainly something could be forthcoming that will ruin the whole experience.

Yo DCDeacon can you tell me how dope Wolfenstein II is going to be on the Switch?

Yo DCDeacon can you tell me how dope Wolfenstein II is going to be on the Switch?

Pretty dope. Still in dev so I haven't played a representative build yet. But I just got back from San Fran and letting folks play DOOM on Switch. They were suitably impressed how it looks and runs. Impressions will be out next week. So that bodes well for Wolf II.

Back