• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Started playing Fortnite yesterday. Basically PUBG but more cartoonish and you can build a bunch of shit in-game by getting wood/brick/steel. Pretty interesting game, and it's free.

That's not the main game for Fortnite, just the Battle Royale mode. Main game is not free and is more of a wave-based tower defense.

I picked up Destiny 2 yesterday. Only played through the very beginning, but it mostly feels like Destiny. Also, the characters, well, mostly Cayde, are very annoying.

I wanted to post the new Red Dead trailer, but couldn't get it to work, for some reason. I'm very ready for that game.

Last edited:
Cuphead comes out tomorrow, guys. I've been waiting for this for a long time.

Also excited to get into Heat Signature a bit this weekend. That game looks so dope.

Hell yeah

e2deafc7f8ea10ad2bcf206905f2b599.jpg

Hell yeah

Nice. I never had a SNES growing up (was a Genesis kid), but I kind of want one of those. I am glad they are reissuing the NES Classic next year. I definitely want one of those (at retail price).

I'm also interested in Cuphead. SO MANY GAMES this year.

I was kinda bummed I wasn't able to get an SNES classic, but I basically already have all of those games either in cartridge form or on the Wii virtual console (except for Star Fox 2 obviously)

I am currently surfing a very powerful nostalgia wave courtesy of Donkey Kong Country

Seems like getting one of the hacked ones off of ebay would be cool, as it'll have like 2200 games

Any noticeable differences this year?

To be honest I've done nothing in the game outside of pro clubs, which I have found to be much more enjoyable than years past. The days of 5'6" characters with 99 speed and 5 star skill moves are gone.

I think it's still trying to figure out what it is. I haven't tried their take on battle royale yet. My 14-year-old and I played the base building thing a few times. Fun, but not "let's go back and do that again" fun. He'd rather we play Overwatch.

My son was watching YouTube videos of Cuphead last night. That game looks beautiful, imaginative, fun, and hard as balls.

My son was watching YouTube videos of Cuphead last night. That game looks beautiful, imaginative, fun, and hard as balls.

It is all of those things, but especially hard as balls. I spent a couple of hours getting murdered by a psychic carrot, over and over again, this weekend. It's brutal. And it's not like the difficulty starts out easy, as far as I can tell. The first few levels are tough.

Back