• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

So, was getting that Civ itch and considering picking up Civ 6, figuring a year's worth of patching and so forth are enough. Worth it at full retail? Steam's reviews are "mixed"

Got mine at Target last week and have enjoyed it. If they make a 64 Classic I will be set for life when it comes to video games I think.

Can you honestly tell me more than 5 games you would want on a 64 Classic? Mario, Zelda (OOT & MM), Mario Kart, Star Fox...? They aren't getting Goldeneye due to licensing.

So, was getting that Civ itch and considering picking up Civ 6, figuring a year's worth of patching and so forth are enough. Worth it at full retail? Steam's reviews are "mixed"

You could just play more Civ V.

Can you honestly tell me more than 5 games you would want on a 64 Classic? Mario, Zelda (OOT & MM), Mario Kart, Star Fox...? They aren't getting Goldeneye due to licensing.

DK Country was also developed by Rare and it's on the SNES Classic, but there might be different IP rights there.

I'd add in Wave Race, Smash Bros and if they could get one or more of the Star Wars games on there (but doubtful).

off the top of my head:

WaveRace 64 (!),
battle tanks,
Turok(s);
that Star Wars Shadow of the Empire
Ken Griffey Baseball
Cruis'n USA/World
Earthworm Jim
Banjo Kazooie (64?)
Gauntlet Legends

id even take Pillotwings and one of the era's EA NHL games/Madden/FIFA

ETA: Tony Hawks 1,2 and 3

Last edited:
oh shit yeah PilotWings and Cruisin' USA. Turok and Killer Instinct would be cool, too.

Conkers Bad Fur Day
WCW vs. NWO (and sequels - I think the developer made one for WWF too)
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis

Pilotwings 64
Blast Corps (I have it on Rare Replay, but always moar!)

oh man Blast Corps is what it's called. I was trying to think of it.

loved that game

64 was really my sweet spot of gaming

I was helping my mom move out of her house recently and wanted to take my 64 back, which I did but all the games were missing. Only game there was some Pokémon one that wasn't mine since I was never into them. No one knows where the games went. But I was reading that apparently 64 games on the original unit look like shit on newer TVs?

Early polygon graphics are terrible so most of the games would probably look pretty bad.

Full retail? Nah, I say put it on your Steam watch list and pick it up at 40% off, which happens periodically.

There are always a bunch of negative reviews for Civ (x+1) after Civ x has been out for a while and is what folks are comfortable with. Having said that, I do confess I tend to play 5 over 6 still, mostly for the mods. Eventually I'll make the jump, but again, I'm stuck on 5 not because 6 sucks, it's just a hard habit to break.

The South Park game is loud, boisterous, and awesome. For a game as dumb as it is, the level of detail is ridiculously meticulous. Pretty cool callbacks to the last game and most things that have occurred in the SP Universe.

Full retail? Nah, I say put it on your Steam watch list and pick it up at 40% off, which happens periodically.

There are always a bunch of negative reviews for Civ (x+1) after Civ x has been out for a while and is what folks are comfortable with. Having said that, I do confess I tend to play 5 over 6 still, mostly for the mods. Eventually I'll make the jump, but again, I'm stuck on 5 not because 6 sucks, it's just a hard habit to break.

I'm stuck on Civ Warlords. V never did it for me.

I've got an N64 and play it on my living room tv. Graphics aren't great, but the again they weren't really great back in the day either. I still have a blast playing games - Mario Kart, Zelda (Ocarina and Majora's Mask), Tony Hawk, Ken Griffey Jr. baseball.

Just got the Switch a couple days ago. Have BotW and Mario Kart, enjoying both so far.

Back