• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I could play the shit out of all of these games:

Mario
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Banjo Kazooie
GoldenEye
MarioKart
Star Fox
Super Smash Bros.
Gauntlet Legends
Mario Golf
Rampage World Tour
San Francisco Rush

It might be time to break out the emulator.

OK... I'll take the loss on that. I never had one myself, so I guess I didn't know what I was missing.

OK... I'll take the loss on that. I never had one myself, so I guess I didn't know what I was missing.

It's definitely not the same level as NES or SNES though. I probably could take or leave an N64 Classic.

Pretty sure mine still works and I have all the decent games (save Conker, which I have on Rare Replay).

It's definitely not the same level as NES or SNES though. I probably could take or leave an N64 Classic.

Pretty sure mine still works and I have all the decent games (save Conker, which I have on Rare Replay).

This is why I haven't sprung for any of the classic consoles yet. I probably wouldn't have played the NES Classic much anyway, and I have a working SNES with a really solid library. I only have a few games for my Genesis, so if there's ever a solid classic console from them (that isn't just a shitty third party emulator), I might get it.

But yeah, I still have my SNES/N64/Genesis all hooked up to my TV through chained coax cables. Not really a need for me to "upgrade".

Also, one can hypothetically emulate anything you could ever want to play on a computer with ease. Allegedly.

Of course, you'd want USB controllers that mimic the originals...which are all over Amazon and other retailers.

Yeah, I get the "classic" craze from non-technical folks, but any moderately decent laptop can run everything up through the gamecube now. And you can just plug an xbox one controller into a usb port and use it on any computer...

Yeah, I get the "classic" craze from non-technical folks, but any moderately decent laptop can run everything up through the gamecube now. And you can just plug an xbox one controller into a usb port and use it on any computer...

Has anyone tried to build an emulator with a raspberry pi and either a 3d printed nintendo/s. nintendo case or a premade case from amazon? Thought it might be a cool project with the boy.

Just picked up a SNES Classic. Which of these games that I have never played should I start with: Yoshii's Island, Mega Man X, Secret of Mana, Earthbound, Super Metroid, The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, or Final Fantasy VI.

Yoshi's Island was always one of my favorite games and it's what I've been playing on my SNES Classic lately.

Personally Final Fantasy III/VI (whatever) is my favorite game of all time. But to start with I'd recommend Super Metroid or Zelda

Similarly what are some games good RPG games I may have missed out on for the N64? And any other recommendations on Switch games, I realize that there aren't a lot of games out now for that.

Back