• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

[dark souls board poster]i killed a lynel the first time i ran into one and i didn't even try that hard.[/dark souls board poster]

[dark souls board poster]i killed a lynel the first time i ran into one and i didn't even try that hard.[/dark souls board poster]

I totally Ph'd my way around them before I got good weapons.

Then, I didn't want to fight because I didn't want to mess up my good weapons.

yeah, the 'weapons are a consumable' is a dumb part of Zelda

I disagree. It requires you to be strategic about how you use weapons. It also forces you to explore different types of weapons. It also makes sense because weapons should eventually break.

I'm going to have to beat a lynel now to one-up my kid.

I never thought to use stasis in the hideout, I just couldn't find the door out, even when I finally got past everyone, which took me a few hours, as I thought in the room with the 5 dudes I needed to somehow get to the middle where the sentry was guarding it. Even when I explored the area where the door was, I missed the door, then dicked around going back.

I never got good at beating the Lynels, I just found the mountain with the 200 apples and 10 durians and would just load up with max recoverability and would beat him with stasis.

Last edited:
I disagree. It requires you to be strategic about how you use weapons. It also forces you to explore different types of weapons. It also makes sense because weapons should eventually break.

I'm going to have to beat a lynel now to one-up my kid.

i disagree, i think it's just a way to pad out difficulty. it makes as much sense in a world that a sword would break after using it for 50 hits as it is to be able to carry 10 swords

This is how I got through the hideout the second time. I just hid on the wall and flew over after talking to Barta. I flew over to the bottom of the stairs which caught the attention of the guard. I waited until he left the door and then ran in. In the next room, I climbed up and got all the bananas. Then I went back to the first doorway. I left a banana for the guard on the right and used statis on the guard standing in the middle. I ran across and hid. That attracted the attention of the last guard and I ran behind him.

The first time I ended up doing that after quite a bit of fumbling around trying to get the gems and other items.

i disagree, i think it's just a way to pad out difficulty. it makes as much sense in a world that a sword would break after using it for 50 hits as it is to be able to carry 10 swords

I'm okay with weapon degradation. I think they were too aggressive with it.

The prestige weapons should never degrade.

Which weapons are the "prestige weapons?"

Which weapons are the "prestige weapons?"

There was the spear from the fish prince which you could re-craft with similar weapons and some others with the same properties, IIRC. It's been a bit since I played.

And the Master Sword.

They never seem to be worth the time/cost of going back for repairs.

Probably why I never realized they were repairable. I really like spears. Wish I had kept the Zora spear and repaired it. Does it upgrade it?

Are there any spears with 30+ damage?

Back