• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Anyone finish Red Dead 2? I feel like it's pretty much ruined any other game for me. Amazing game.
I'm still on Chapter 2. It's an amazing game and I'm addicted to collecting perfect pelts. The story so far has been really good, I loved the party at the camp after rescuing Sean.

Just now getting around to it, as I was spending most of my gaming time with Yakuza 0 over the last few months. It does take a long time to get much of anything done, but I'm enjoying being a cowboy. Some of the scripted moments take me out of it, though. Yesterday, I was doing the first mission with the Reverend. I got to the point where you are supposed to get into a fist fight, and I decided I would just pull out my gun to defuse the situation. The guy ignored it, since you have to punch him out in order to get to the part with the witness. The whole thing was just a bit wonky. Hopefully, that stuff smooths out once you get out of the tutorial missions.

Also played some more Apex Legends. Got a no kill victory the other day, but it still counts. Only had one or two matches where the random players on my team have been unhelpful. I need to play more to get a better feel for, well, everything, but it is a really good game.

Last edited:
I just did the bank robbery in RDR2 but then took a break to play Witcher 3.

I’m amazed at the realism and graphics of RDR2 but definitely enjoyed Witcher more. I played right through Witcher without stopping whereas RDR2 definitely is a play in chunks sort of thing to me anyway.

RDR2 is super boring. riding that fucking horse around a beautifully rendered but empty wildnerness is just so. fucking. tedious. there's a great game in there but I can't imagine wanting to play it to completion. The story is interesting and the characters are cool; the mechanics are OK. Seems like you could play the whole game with the starting horse, pistol and rifle and upgrade nothing and that seems lazy.

I'm not sure how the TES games manage it but you're never too far from something genuinely interesting.

RDR2 is super boring. riding that fucking horse around a beautifully rendered but empty wildnerness is just so. fucking. tedious. there's a great game in there but I can't imagine wanting to play it to completion. The story is interesting and the characters are cool; the mechanics are OK. Seems like you could play the whole game with the starting horse, pistol and rifle and upgrade nothing and that seems lazy.

I'm not sure how the TES games manage it but you're never too far from something genuinely interesting.
I disagree. My wife and I both love the game, she's in Chapter 2 and I've had to help her a bit because the controls take some getting used to, but she loves it. I just finished Chapter 3 and the story so far is really good, especially the last mission. I really want to blow through the story mode to see what happens, but there is so much other stuff to do involving challenges and the hunting/crafting piece

That looks super clunky

mckayla_not.jpeg

People who have played the 20 minute demo say it’s smooth and you feel like you’re flying and don’t get sick.

I got into Chapter 2 of RDR, but fell off of it. Partially because I have very little time to sit down and play games right now and when I do, it is for Apex Legends. But also, I ended up killing the trapper up on the mountain because I was fumbling with the controls to put away my bow. I hadn't hard saved in a while, but I didn't want to kill the guy either, so when I do play it again, I'm going to lose some progress.

Most of my gaming now is on Switch, since it is easy enough to pick up for 5-10 minutes when I've got a little break. Been playing Hollow Knight on there and really enjoying it. Probably about 2/3rd through the game right now.

I got into Chapter 2 of RDR, but fell off of it. Partially because I have very little time to sit down and play games right now and when I do, it is for Apex Legends. But also, I ended up killing the trapper up on the mountain because I was fumbling with the controls to put away my bow. I hadn't hard saved in a while, but I didn't want to kill the guy either, so when I do play it again, I'm going to lose some progress.

Most of my gaming now is on Switch, since it is easy enough to pick up for 5-10 minutes when I've got a little break. Been playing Hollow Knight on there and really enjoying it. Probably about 2/3rd through the game right now.

I'll probably take a break from gaming after I'm through with this one just because it's taking so much time to get through, but I'm hooked on it and have been playing way more than I should be lately. The Chapter 4 main and Stranger missions are really good, and the music is really brilliant in my opinion. Hope you get a chance to pick it back up since the game really gets going around Chapter 3.

Also I think the Trapper just respawns if you kill him.

Back