• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

@Fallout: We understand and respect that there is disappointment with the bag in the Power Armor Edition. We are sorry. Please contact Bethesda Support to provide proof of your CE purchase. They will assist in granting your account 500 Atoms.

5.00 refund!!!

Nice little retrospective on the Dreamcast as it turns 20 - I had one back in the day and used to think it was so awesome. Great, underrated console.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/nov/28/sega-dreamcast-at-20-futuristic-console

Those Dreamcast 2K sports games were some of the best I ever played. Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. SoulCaliber was a tremendous port of the arcade version. There just wasn't enough software. SEGA blew their opportunity with the Saturn (also a great system) and never fully recovered. If they had been able to fully partner with Microsoft on what became the XBOX, things would have been interesting.

One more for Dreamcast being criminally underrated. It was so far ahead of its competitors, yet so far behind in sales. I loved my Saturn too, especially since that was the only platform for Iron Storm. Sega's heart wasn't into making hardware. They were a software company that viewed the devices as a necessary evil so a partnership with someone, MS or whoever, to own the hardware would have been beneficial to them.

I’m not it rises to “criminal”. I had one and it was great. Some revisionist history happening here though. Shenmue 3, indeed.

What precisely is "revisionist"?

The Dreamcast wasn’t all that revered at the time. I bought it just for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and it was worth it though.

Loved my Dreamcast, it was definitely my "favorite" system. The arcade ports were awesome. I used to take my Dreamcast to school on basketball game days and have Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Crazy Taxi, and Power Stone tournaments in the library. There are still a few excellent Dreamcast games that I dont think have been adequately replicated yet - Jet Grind Radio, Tokyo Xtreme Racer specifically

Loved my Dreamcast, it was definitely my "favorite" system. The arcade ports were awesome. I used to take my Dreamcast to school on basketball game days and have Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Crazy Taxi, and Power Stone tournaments in the library. There are still a few excellent Dreamcast games that I dont think have been adequately replicated yet - Jet Grind Radio, Tokyo Xtreme Racer specifically

Assuming you meant Jet Set Radio, that has been ported to PC (I think, I haven't played it yet though I do own it): https://store.steampowered.com/app/205950/Jet_Set_Radio/

God of War, still pretty good. Have Spyro and Shadow of the Colossus sitting in the drawer for when I'm done

Just a side note that the new Tomb Raider game in HDR 4k on an 65" OLED TV is completely ridiculous.

And if the point was "nobody has made a good spiritual successor or modern equivalent", then maybe check out Sunset Overdrive, which is incredibly dope

Jet Set Radio was a launch title for the original Xbox, too.
Jet Set Radio Future (the sequel) in 2002
And if the point was "nobody has made a good spiritual successor or modern equivalent", then maybe check out Sunset Overdrive, which is incredibly dope
Watched some gameplay, Sunset Overdrive kinda reminds me of Infamous for PS3, which I really liked. Same studio as the new Spiderman I think.

Sunset Overdrive is one of my favorite games, in fact I just started another playthrough because I missed playing it so much. I don't hold out much hope for a sequel since Insomniac is on to bigger things(Spiderman) but I would buy it in a heartbeat. Just a really fun game to play and I loved all the jokes and references

Back