• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Anybody here playing/played Hades either on PC or Switch? I'm a huuuuge fan of this game. It clicks the way that Dead Cells did for me, and it might be even better? Though in a very different way. It does so many things so incredibly well.

Anybody here playing/played Hades either on PC or Switch? I'm a huuuuge fan of this game. It clicks the way that Dead Cells did for me, and it might be even better? Though in a very different way. It does so many things so incredibly well.

Playing on Switch, even though I bought early access on PC. I'm about 25 runs or so into it, but have only made world 3 twice. I generally focus more on building up and filling out lists than really concentrating on a big run, so I'll blame my lack of progress on that. I did just unlock the upgrading of weapons a couple runs ago, and that has been a huge bonus. Story is very good, particularly if you have any affinity for Greek myth. And the action is very tight. I only played a bit of Dead Cells, but it certainly didn't grab me like this has.

Playing on Switch, even though I bought early access on PC. I'm about 25 runs or so into it, but have only made world 3 twice. I generally focus more on building up and filling out lists than really concentrating on a big run, so I'll blame my lack of progress on that. I did just unlock the upgrading of weapons a couple runs ago, and that has been a huge bonus. Story is very good, particularly if you have any affinity for Greek myth. And the action is very tight. I only played a bit of Dead Cells, but it certainly didn't grab me like this has.

I think I've done 15 or 18 runs, beat the game once (with the shield). I've been trying with the fists now, gotten to Hades a couple times but no luck so far. There sure is a lot of stuff to unlock though.

I did about 40 runs without getting through Minotaur/theseus (though I got close a couple times). So I turned on god mode so I could make it through the whole story. It’s so fucking fun. It has the best “feel” of any game I’ve played in a long time.

Just watched the IGN review of Hades. It looks really cool. It seems like a modern version of one of my favorite old-school franchises, Ghost n' Goblins.

Thinking of selling my Switch and all games/accessories, either as a bundle or piecemeal. Any advice for me?

My advice would be not to do that.

But if you were going to I’d probably bundle the switch and accessories and then sell the games separately

Woke up at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep due to allergies (headache, runny nose, etc).

So I've been playing Super Mario Odyssey for the last ~3 hours. Had bought it a couple of weeks ago for my 6yo after we beat Luigi's Mansion 3 together. She's been addicted to Odyssey and I haven't helped much (at all).

Anyway, it's a ton of fun. I was relatively unimpressed at the beginning, but I took care of the Sand Kingdom and Wooded Kingdom this morning and it was awesome. The music from the Wooded Kingdom will likely be stuck in my head for days.

Buying the Switch for XMas last year was a good move. Got a few months out of BOTW (mostly me) and Mario Kart 8 was good with the kids. Now that the 6yo is getting older and enjoying playing, Luigi's Mansion 3 & Odyssey were perfect. Will probably pick up Super Mario 3D All-Stars for XMas this year.

Video Game Thread - Final Fantasy XVI Announced - No Other News

The Wooded Kingdom music is fantastic. I assume an Odyssey 2 announcement will come at the end of this Mario anniversary celebration.

Gotten back into Breath of the Wild after a 2.5 year break. I thought it would be tougher to get back in the flow but it hasn’t. Been doing some tasks I passed on when I was playing before. Stayed up late last night completing the Eventide Island challenge where you start from scratch without any items.

Trying to finish it before Age of Calamity comes out. The gameplay videos for it look awesome. It’s a true Breath of the Wild prequel. It may be the first game that we get multiple copies of. Both my boys want to play it too.

Last edited:
I'm about 8 hours into Breath of the Wild, and feel as though I have done very little. I'm enjoying it, but I have spent the majority of my time tooling around the world, and wondering if half of the spaces were ever meant to be treaded on. Sometimes I find one of the little hidden seeds, other times I spend 15 minutes climbing a mountain for absolutely no reason. The initial tools given to Link are so versatile that I'm concerned I'm going to spend %85 of my time just wandering around...and cooking. Lots of cooking.

Last edited:
Yep. That’s basically the game. My 8 year old who beat BOTW when he was 5 tells me some gamers on YouTube videos just go straight to Hyrule Castle to defeat Ganon and finish the game in less than an hour.

But what’s the fun in that?

Oh. Silly me. I took the King's word for it when he said it would be foolish to fight him at the beginning. Man I'm getting old.

I guess that is another aspect of it. I can' t really tell if I'm wandering into spaces that are above my "level"/toolset. BotW seems content to let you die, A LOT, instead of gating off parts of the world that you aren't ready for yet. Or is everywhere the same level?

Last edited:
I mean you CAN go fight Ganon as soon as you get off the plateau, but it’s not a good idea. The people doing that are elite speed runners.

Oh. Silly me. I took the King's word for it when he said it would be foolish to fight him at the beginning. Man I'm getting old.

I guess that is another aspect of it. I can' t really tell if I'm wandering into spaces that are above my "level"/toolset. BotW seems content to let you die, A LOT, instead of gating off parts of the world that you aren't ready for yet. Or is everywhere the same level?

The enemies scale, and you can tell their difficulty by color. Don’t try to fight the zebra striped ones until you are higher level. Stick with the maroon ones.

I mean you CAN go fight Ganon as soon as you get off the plateau, but it’s not a good idea. The people doing that are elite speed runners.

Yeah. Kind of like you CAN shoot from 35 feet in a pick up game but it’s not a good idea just because you see NBA players do it.

Woke up at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep due to allergies (headache, runny nose, etc).

So I've been playing Super Mario Odyssey for the last ~3 hours. Had bought it a couple of weeks ago for my 6yo after we beat Luigi's Mansion 3 together. She's been addicted to Odyssey and I haven't helped much (at all).

Anyway, it's a ton of fun. I was relatively unimpressed at the beginning, but I took care of the Sand Kingdom and Wooded Kingdom this morning and it was awesome. The music from the Wooded Kingdom will likely be stuck in my head for days.

Buying the Switch for XMas last year was a good move. Got a few months out of BOTW (mostly me) and Mario Kart 8 was good with the kids. Now that the 6yo is getting older and enjoying playing, Luigi's Mansion 3 & Odyssey were perfect. Will probably pick up Super Mario 3D All-Stars for XMas this year.
After being Nintendo 4lyfe, I finally jumped into the Xbox world in 2012, but this fall I'm planning on getting a Switch since I really want to play BOTW and Odyssey among other things

Back