• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I dunno, like some of the new Final Fantasy's I haven't been able to get into. Play for an hour and get bored. Some of the old metroids I bought and never played,

Going through my list, it's actually much less than I thought. I went on a pretty big recent buying binge, so not counting any of those, the most notable games are:

Skyward Sword (bought twice now)
Twilight princess
Metroid Other M
Arkham City
Final Fantasy 12
Skyrim

Also have never played Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask.

Video Game Thread - Final Fantasy XVI Announced - No Other News

LOL. I’ve bought Skyward Sword twice too. I bought it when it originally game out. Played the ridiculously long intro, got bored, and then traded it. Then I bought it again for the Switch, played it long enough to get to the first dungeon, remembered why I didn’t like it, and I haven’t played it since.

I bought Arkham Origins and Arkham Knight as well. Origins started with an annoying Batmobile mission and I never picked it up again.

Last edited:
How many video games do y'all own that you've bought but never played? I've got to have at least 30-50

Literally hundreds. I'm not just talking digital games either. I've got over 150 PS2 games that I've played maybe half of. Age old problem of more money than time. I've finally learned my lesson over the past few years, though, especially since my youngest does not allow me nearly the gaming time that his older sister did.

I think my biggest fear in life is not having anything to do. So I'll pretty much always buy a game if its a rating of 9 or higher, because I feel like I SHOULD play it. I've never played the GTA or RDR series and recently picked them up

I probably own between 5-10 games that I have never played. Mostly I’d buy Greatest Hits for $20 because figure it’s a great price but then never play them. Finally popped in Last of Us a few months ago after doing this, played for an hour and decided I don’t like the cover shooter genre

I think my biggest fear in life is not having anything to do. So I'll pretty much always buy a game if its a rating of 9 or higher, because I feel like I SHOULD play it. I've never played the GTA or RDR series and recently picked them up

I just got done with a replay of RDR2, I think it may be my favorite game of all time now, taking over the top spot from the Bioshock series. I am now doing all of the optional challenges and there's just so much depth to the game that I didn't get to when I first played through the story.

I just got done with a replay of RDR2, I think it may be my favorite game of all time now, taking over the top spot from the Bioshock series. I am now doing all of the optional challenges and there's just so much depth to the game that I didn't get to when I first played through the story.

RDR2 seems like the perfect game for people who can make their own fun with a wealth of mechanics/opportunities.

i enjoyed the game but stalled around the time I finished up the New Orleans zone

RDR2 seems like the perfect game for people who can make their own fun with a wealth of mechanics/opportunities.

i enjoyed the game but stalled around the time I finished up the New Orleans zone

I noticed this playthrough that right around the time you indicate, the story-specific missions become a bit more grindy. I just spent like an hour playing side missions or doing outlaw shit and then eventually made my way back to the story. Not for everyone though.

but for some reason i can play skyrim 10 times

This is me too, I play Skyrim probably once a year. Always set out to be a mage or a bruiser warrior, always end up a stealth archer. Like clockwork lol.

This is me too, I play Skyrim probably once a year. Always set out to be a mage or a bruiser warrior, always end up a stealth archer. Like clockwork lol.

mando-way-this-is-the-way.gif

Got way into Days Gone. I thought it was great. Finished the main story, all the side missions, cleared all the hordes (probably the most fun part). I hope they do a sequel.

I play maybe every 2 years, but I always rebuild a dope-ass mod list first. Next playthrough will probably be a super difficult experience w/something like Requiem.

I play maybe every 2 years, but I always rebuild a dope-ass mod list first. Next playthrough will probably be a super difficult experience w/something like Requiem.

everytime i boot skyrim back up, without fail, i spend wayyyyy more time figuring out what mods to install for it than I do actually playing it lol

I am enjoying Disco Elysium, though. The load times on switch are a little annoying but it's a very cool game.

Just downloaded tonight I made it about an hour in and then a 12 year old dissed me so badly that my character gave up being a detective and I got game over. This game kicks ass.

Just downloaded tonight I made it about an hour in and then a 12 year old dissed me so badly that my character gave up being a detective and I got game over. This game kicks ass.

lol yeah. i died in the first room on my initial launch

Back