• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Hey DC - Why no Deathloop on PC GamePass? I know it's a PS5 exclusive for console, but the PC version is also out.

Ha, pretty sure it's not going to run too well on my 5 year old Macbook Pro.

Did anyone else hit up Amazon's "New World" open beta over the weekend? I was only able to put about 5 or 6 hours into it, so never really got into PVP, but it seemed like a pretty standard grind for leveling. It's hard for me to play a game like that without comparing it to WoW, so I won't try. It seems very similar except for a few things:

1: Any projectile and most spells must be aimed/are skill shots.

2: The crafting is more enjoyable (to me) since it takes a tad longer, and the results are random. As far as I could tell, you don't just craft an item and it has set stats. It's a random roll every time, which can be enjoyable or infuriating depending on what you like.

3: I had just joined a faction when I had to stop, and I never got to run any PVP, but in general it seemed like your faction would work to accomplish quests or tasks within a given area to earn that area's influence (think more like the later WoW expansions). I don't have much experience with that sort of PvP, so I'm hoping someone here can elaborate on what that's like.

4: There don't appear to be any set classes. Any character can do anything based on the level of their weapon/armor. That level is simply determined by how often you use that weapon. Want to be a hammer wielding Warrior/bruiser? Use your hammer to level it up and unlock its abilities. Want to be a healer? Level up the healing staff. You can't instantly switch in a battle or anything crazy like that, but if you want to run a raid as the warrior, just equip your warrior gear and so on.

All in all, I'll probably buy it because I'm kind of looking for a casual game to level up and then dip into PVP from time to time. I can't speak at all to the balance or actual PVP experience though, and the reviews I've read aren't wild about the end of game raids/dungeons.

I played it about 10 hours, pretty fun and a really beautiful game. Will totally depend on player population for staying power (and my biggest doubts are with what they plan to have there for end game stuff). The combat is extremely similar to GW2 or ESO for actual MMORPG comps. It's interesting but I worry it'll feel a little shallow once things settle in and there are clear metas established. It's definitely a step up over ESO combat which just feels clunky and weight-less (which is a shame because ESO has the best story telling and world out there IMO, just hate the combat).

Also, they're gonna need mounts ASAP.

Other DC. The one who works for Bethesda.

Ha, duh. I didn't realize it was an Arkane game but published by Bethesda. I'd posted a lot about GamePass deals previously so I thought it was a suggestion to use the GamePass PC version instead...

Just a heads up, if you plan on playing New World:

New World is reportedly overheating and killing RTX 3090 graphics cards

I was running it on my 3080 at max performance until a buddy of mine told me his 3080 black screened and he couldn't get it to work for over an hour before it finally started back again. There is really no excuse for those cards, especially the 3090's, to not be able to handle any game right now, so it's certainly something to keep an eye on.

Just a heads up, if you plan on playing New World:

New World is reportedly overheating and killing RTX 3090 graphics cards

I was running it on my 3080 at max performance until a buddy of mine told me his 3080 black screened and he couldn't get it to work for over an hour before it finally started back again. There is really no excuse for those cards, especially the 3090's, to not be able to handle any game right now, so it's certainly something to keep an eye on.

They pushed a fix for this I think, that news was from the first beta test. Should be totally fine now. Anecdotally I played that beta (the dangerous one) with a 3090 on max settings and never had any issues, the problem was supposedly in the menus themselves were framerates were just totally uncapped and somehow caused card utilization to shoot way up. Apparently EVGA 3090s didn't handle this gracefully.

I played it about 10 hours, pretty fun and a really beautiful game. Will totally depend on player population for staying power (and my biggest doubts are with what they plan to have there for end game stuff). The combat is extremely similar to GW2 or ESO for actual MMORPG comps. It's interesting but I worry it'll feel a little shallow once things settle in and there are clear metas established. It's definitely a step up over ESO combat which just feels clunky and weight-less (which is a shame because ESO has the best story telling and world out there IMO, just hate the combat).

Also, they're gonna need mounts ASAP.

what's the New World story like

Hey DC - Why no Deathloop on PC GamePass? I know it's a PS5 exclusive for console, but the PC version is also out.

Considering who owns that service and which platform had the console exclusive I’m sure you can put 2 and 2 together… :)

Considering who owns that service and which platform had the console exclusive I’m sure you can put 2 and 2 together… :)

I get that part and why it wouldn’t be on XBox, but it’s already out for PC.

Mario Kart '64 (and other '64 games) going to switch online for multiplayer play in October

Now that it'll be possible to play Block Fort all day, I'm going to need to find a way to retire

ss_ab815178de31d88a72ae35a48d9c7918c5fe974d.1920x1080.jpg

Chris Pratt is the most boring fucking choice for the Mario Brothers movie #notmyMario

Video Game Thread - Final Fantasy XVI Announced - No Other News

If Hollywood needs an adventurous white guy or an everyman animated hero, I guess Chris Pratt gets the job.

Last edited:
I get that part and why it wouldn’t be on XBox, but it’s already out for PC.

There’s a big difference between making it available for sale and offering it through a subscription service in the eyes of every platform holder we work with. Always gets treated separately, regardless of which platform the sub service is on. Just the way it is. It’ll get there, eventually.

chris pratt is like a flour tortilla, just a vehicle for the rest of the cast which is monte

That’s fair. Maybe it’s like any Mario game where you can play as various characters. No one actually plays as Mario.

Not gonna lie. Diablo 2: Resurrected is calling.

Back