• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I don’t often play online multiplayers because I don’t have the time to dedicate 6 hours of my life everyday for the next year like some teenager to not get absolutely wrecked. However it’s free and always was good at Halo so have been playing some. The maps get so repetitive, some of the big arena games with things like total control are so pointless, you die and you might be fucking 2 minutes from running over to an area again. Some of the weapons are just absolute trash. Same goes for vehicle spawns.

I don’t often play online multiplayers because I don’t have the time to dedicate 6 hours of my life everyday for the next year like some teenager to not get absolutely wrecked. However it’s free and always was good at Halo so have been playing some. The maps get so repetitive, some of the big arena games with things like total control are so pointless, you die and you might be fucking 2 minutes from running over to an area again. Some of the weapons are just absolute trash. Same goes for vehicle spawns.

Yeah the biggest value prop for halo is you don't have to do a ton of grinding to level up weapons and shit to have the competitive edge.

Will be interesting to see how they tune weapons.. only one or two that I think are absolutely terrible.

I'm looking forward to a competitive/slayer only playlist at some point. Really not a huge fan of objective games as much, especially fucking oddball.

After some quick research it IS because it's reading it as multiple inputs. So just over scrolling and leading back to that weapon again.

ADS, in halo? Almost never have to do that lol (that and not needing headshots till shields broken are the biggest things I'm adjusting to after destiny being the only shooter I've really played the last couple years)

sniping tho

Yeah the biggest value prop for halo is you don't have to do a ton of grinding to level up weapons and shit to have the competitive edge.

Will be interesting to see how they tune weapons.. only one or two that I think are absolutely terrible.

I'm looking forward to a competitive/slayer only playlist at some point. Really not a huge fan of objective games as much, especially fucking oddball.

oddball >>>>>> 4v4 ctf

i actually really dig oddball (and GRIFBALL whenever they get around to adding it)

oddball >>>>>> 4v4 ctf

i actually really dig oddball (and GRIFBALL whenever they get around to adding it)

I spent a ton of time playing Grifball on Halo 3 (or maybe reach?). Like, I was in a league and everything. I've not had the time to play any Halo yet, but maybe over the holiday break I can fire it up.

sniping tho

huh I don't think i've been knocked out of ADS from getting shot while sniping, that's pretty much the only time I do ADS, outside of occasional longer range with BR or something.. I still actually just hipfire with sniper more often than not, with close range engagments being more common

oddball >>>>>> 4v4 ctf

grifball is great

oddball sucks.. it just actively rewards making sure your worst player is just holding the ball and hiding.. if you get an effective camp spot its pretty much over

If I wanted to build a PC that would 100% be used for gaming only, where would I start?

Whew, it's a real tough time to be building. Not sure when its gonna get any better though.

But yeah, pcpartpicker is a great starting point. Some of the popular builds on there will even have links to content creators doing the builds for them so you can see them fully assembled and such (assuming this is first time you've ever tackled something like this).

Whew, it's a real tough time to be building. Not sure when its gonna get any better though.

I'd really like to upgrade my 1070, but I'd really like to not pay over $1k for a video card.

I put the Game Awards on in the background to see if there’s any BOTW2 news. Lo and behold, the Sonic trailer dropped and basically looks like Sonic: Breath of the Wild. Open world Sonic. Pretty impressive.

I put the Game Awards on in the background to see if there’s any BOTW2 news. Lo and behold, the Sonic trailer dropped and basically looks like Sonic: Breath of the Wild. Open world Sonic. Pretty impressive.

I mean EXACTLY like breath of the wild

It's nuts, right? They're promoting it as an "open zone" Sonic game, so it may be more like Super Mario Odyssey where you can freely roam in specific worlds. But it does immediately invoke BOTW.

There were a few games promoted last night that looked like copies of Breath of the Wild. There was one that was a Black girl who could transform into a bird that stood out. But all the copies which made it even more disappointing there was no information on Breath of the Wild 2.

Weird that there's been zero information about a Super Mario Odyssey sequel either.

Not from what I've seen. But probably it's the last opportunity to push any news before the end of the year. We're going to go into the release year without even knowing the name of the game.

Getting ready to jump into the Mass Effect Legendary Edition which got remastered into 4k. I've never played any of the trilogy so it should be fun. Game looks amazing in 4k. Not gonna lie the idea of a BOTW replay is occurring to me often lately

Getting ready to jump into the Mass Effect Legendary Edition which got remastered into 4k. I've never played any of the trilogy so it should be fun. Game looks amazing in 4k. Not gonna lie the idea of a BOTW replay is occurring to me often lately

Mass Effect is one of the best realized sci-fi universes out there. I really love those games, and recommend that you choose a female Commander Sheppard as I feel Jennifer Hale does a tremendous job as VA. Also, maybe don't choose the Soldier class.

Not from what I've seen. But probably it's the last opportunity to push any news before the end of the year. We're going to go into the release year without even knowing the name of the game.

I don't think Nintendo much cares about hype cycles, to be honest. They know their IPs are going to sell regardless.

Back