• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Finally snagged an Xbox Series X thanks to the BestBuy stock watcher today. Looking forward to playing fancy Halo Infinite.

Any of you guys rocking one of these?

fbc7c8c25fea6616452e03d4894bf889.jpg

I'd love to, but I certainly don't have time for that.

The delight from my kid as he played the first 30 minutes of Forza 5 was fun. Reminded me of the first Super Nintendo of Sega Genesis Christmas...

I played about an hour of forza 4 and didn’t get it aside from seeing how people would like the music/scenery. Just seemed like endless driving around with unrealistic ya can crash into anything

I played about an hour of forza 4 and didn’t get it aside from seeing how people would like the music/scenery. Just seemed like endless driving around with unrealistic ya can crash into anything

It's one of the most accurate driving simulators out there, esp. if you're limited to console

motorsport is pretty boring in the beginning when you only have access to the junk cars and boring tracks. it's definitely a 'make your own fun' game, especially if you don't particularly care about realistic racing

Yeah I was talking the Horizon one. Where ya can just have a head on collision at 150 MPH and it doesn't matter whatsoever.

I mean, isn't the Horizon series supposed to be a love letter to NFS style arcade racers?

I've also heard the latest one is terrific but haven't had a chance yet to check it out

I mean, isn't the Horizon series supposed to be a love letter to NFS style arcade racers?

I've also heard the latest one is terrific but haven't had a chance yet to check it out

Yeah, exactly. Forza Motorsport but now make it arcade-ey with an world vibe (and beautiful scenery and such).

I've played a little, but not really my kind of game.

We all know the best car series is Burnout anyway.

yeah, super pretty and arcade-y plus "drive anywhere" open world

Just finished Link's Awakening, and man the music in the face shrine was some of the best video game music I've ever heard, especially given the timing of when that shrine is in the story as the secret was just revealed.

Last edited:
Knocked out Metroid Dread during our snow days. Perfect level of difficulty in my opinion, really solid game. Tough in spots but the save/respawn locations are friendly. Good stuff.

Played through Prey over Christmas. That was a great game that I'm sad I missed when it was released. Just scary enough to be fun, but not too scary that I don't want to play.

Playing Inscryption now. I've had a lot of fun with it.

Played through Prey over Christmas. That was a great game that I'm sad I missed when it was released. Just scary enough to be fun, but not too scary that I don't want to play.

Playing Inscryption now. I've had a lot of fun with it.

I've poked at Inscryption a bit, but haven't been able to spend any real time on it yet. I did enjoy Pony Island quite a bit so it was already on my radar before it really got a lot of press.

Back