• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

yeah I get what he means about there not being the strong melodic music of say link to the past. but the music in this and botw are awesome imo

You may like the music from Age of Calamity. It’s the BOTW themes dialed up a few notches.

I whistle the Mipha Champions theme to myself daily.

I think my problem is definitely that I'm 100% focused on the main story instead of just messing around and exploring like BOTW. I need to do some more shrines to build up some hearts. And my weapons suck. And I have no $$$.

I spent 2 hours on a plane this morning and all I got done was walking / riding / paragliding / rafting from near Hyrule Castle out to Rito Village chasing Tulin up some snowy-ass mountain.

The one shrine I did took me like 5 minutes of just standing there and thinking to figure out how to get started... The kid sitting next to me on the plane surely thought I was a moron.

I think my problem is definitely that I'm 100% focused on the main story instead of just messing around and exploring like BOTW. I need to do some more shrines to build up some hearts. And my weapons suck. And I have no $$$.

I spent 2 hours on a plane this morning and all I got done was walking / riding / paragliding / rafting from near Hyrule Castle out to Rito Village chasing Tulin up some snowy-ass mountain.

The one shrine I did took me like 5 minutes of just standing there and thinking to figure out how to get started... The kid sitting next to me on the plane surely thought I was a moron.
the shrines are way harder, and I'm also missing some abilities. I've pretty much full explored most the maps/shrines on the ground level, trying to level up my armor some now. Halfway through the Tulin thing myself, up to 7 hearts and 2 extra stamina things. Need the armor cause people are hitting me and I'm losing like 5 hearts per hit.

the shrines are way harder, and I'm also missing some abilities. I've pretty much full explored most the maps/shrines on the ground level, trying to level up my armor some now. Halfway through the Tulin thing myself, up to 7 hearts and 2 extra stamina things. Need the armor cause people are hitting me and I'm losing like 5 hearts per hit.
Exactly... I'm taking one arrow or hit from a bigger opponent and 3 of my 4 hearts are done.

Taking a break from the quest to hit up some shrines.

A few of the early game shrines hurt my self esteem so I’ve been mostly opening the portals but skipping the shrine and saving them to do later

A few of the early game shrines hurt my self esteem so I’ve been mostly opening the portals but skipping the shrine and saving them to do later
Same, But then it's annoying because it stays green when you're traveling around so you're constantly having to check if it's a new shrine or old one

4M in the Americas, 10M worldwide.

Likely unpopular opinion incoming:

This actually is just a big expansion pack. The early shrines are too hard and not intuitive (looking at you Mayachin shrine) and the new abilities are frustrating. Not too pleased so far, but I will keep plugging away.

This actually is just a big expansion pack. The early shrines are too hard and not intuitive (looking at you Mayachin shrine) and the new abilities are frustrating. Not too pleased so far, but I will keep plugging away.
I was told that it is, in fact, a $70 expansion.

I haven't played yet so maybe this will change but based on the hours you get from the game for $70 total, I'll always pay for these games for the per hour enjoyment

Nah, TOTK is what BOTW promised to be

LOL. I didn't start seeing people knock BOTW as "less than" until 5 days ago. BOTW was hailed as one of the greatest games of all time. People were wondering what TOTK could do to build on BOTW and we found out.

I haven't played yet so maybe this will change but based on the hours you get from the game for $70 total, I'll always pay for these games for the per hour enjoyment

My gripe certainly isn’t with the difficulty, it’s the lack of reward for exploring, for lack of a better phrase. Because you can go anywhere I often find myself sneaking down a ledge to nothing, or racing around a mountain only to find, nothing. I’m slowly learning that if it doesn’t look like anything on the map, 9/10 its going to be nothing.

Last edited:
Back