• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

My gripe certainly isn’t with the difficulty, it’s kind of the lack of reward for exploring, for lack of a better phrase. Because you can go anywhere, I often find myself sneaking down a ledge to nothing, or racing around a mountain only to find, nothing. I’m slowly learning that if it doesn’t look like anything on the map, 9/10 its going to be nothing.
Yeah, Elden Ring may have spoiled TOTK for me.

My gripe certainly isn’t with the difficulty, it’s the lack of reward for exploring, for lack of a better phrase. Because you can go anywhere I often find myself sneaking down a ledge to nothing, or racing around a mountain only to find, nothing. I’m slowly learning that if it doesn’t look like anything on the map, 9/10 its going to be nothing.
Not sure I agree here. I was avoiding caves thinking I'd die, but the first one I explored gave me an unexpected chest of a mask. Between that, koroks and shrines there's plenty to exploring.

the more I play with the new abilities and devices, the more I feel like I’ve enjoyed the game. Once I stopped ignoring everything other than ultrahand

Likely unpopular opinion incoming:

This actually is just a big expansion pack. The early shrines are too hard and not intuitive (looking at you Mayachin shrine) and the new abilities are frustrating. Not too pleased so far, but I will keep plugging away.

I can understand this point of view.

I like the new abilities, but I hate crafting shit.

I think the shrines are fun with the abilities, though.

Tulin is like, “What in the actual fuck are you doing, Link? We went all the way into the goddamn sky and now you’re just paragliding to random shrines and towers.”

Every now and then I show up somewhere and he’s waiting there all excited to find the Princess and I let him blow me somewhere else and ditch him again.

I mean, y’all let me know when you get to the shrine that basically turns this game into a twisted metal sequel and then tell me the game is boring

Io, we need an update on the crew of the Normandy. Have you moved on to ME3 yet, or still finishing out the second?

I finished Jedi: Survivor last night. Great sequel to a great game. Fallen Order was excellent and Survivor addressed every weakness in gameplay, traversal, maps, and story. I'd love to see these games adapted into a film or TV show. Fallen Order isn't a great story but Survivor definitely works.

The games are cannon so I don't expect them to be made into tv/movie but I do think we get cal kestis in live action.

I finished Jedi: Survivor last night. Great sequel to a great game. Fallen Order was excellent and Survivor addressed every weakness in gameplay, traversal, maps, and story. I'd love to see these games adapted into a film or TV show. Fallen Order isn't a great story but Survivor definitely works.

Oh man, I struggled with some of the nav/traversal/map issues in FO and it really put me off on it (especially when it came time to pick it back up after a break, just couldn't do it). This is making me think I should just go ahead and jump into survivor though, if they made that a lot better.

I'll echo that it seems improved. Caveat is I've mostly watched my son play and he's early in. I play through at some point.

The most frustrating part of the last game is that you had to find all these shortcuts. After completing the level, you had to find your way back through those shortcuts to the ship. There were awkward trams and sliding areas that made it tough to navigate the map.

Survivor still has shortcuts but there are elevators instead of trams, few slides, and fast travel from meditation points. It makes the game so much more reasonable.

The most frustrating part of the last game is that you had to find all these shortcuts. After completing the level, you had to find your way back through those shortcuts to the ship. There were awkward trams and sliding areas that made it tough to navigate the map.

Survivor still has shortcuts but there are elevators instead of trams, few slides, and fast travel from meditation points. It makes the game so much more reasonable.
That’s a huge improvement right there!

Io, we need an update on the crew of the Normandy. Have you moved on to ME3 yet, or still finishing out the second?
This game is amazing. Once I finish the trilogy, I'll probably play TOTK and then play the trilogy all over again. I usually don't binge games but i played it for about 6 hours on Wednesday because it was like an amazing book I couldn't put down.

Right now I'm in the middle of the suicide mission. I completed all the loyalty missions and upgrades but somehow lost one of the crew members that I sent as a diversion. I'm debating once everything is done whether to load a previous game and save everyone, or just carry it over into 3. I'm saving the Arrival and Shadow Broker DLC for after I finish since I think I read it's better that way.

Also, I wasn't prepared for the collectors boarding the ship and kidnapping everyone. That was super intense.
Also I romanced Garrus instead of Thane or Jacob since he's such badass.
But yeah why did I wait so long to play this trilogy

This game is amazing. Once I finish the trilogy, I'll probably play TOTK and then play the trilogy all over again. I usually don't binge games but i played it for about 6 hours on Wednesday because it was like an amazing book I couldn't put down.

Right now I'm in the middle of the suicide mission. I completed all the loyalty missions and upgrades but somehow lost one of the crew members that I sent as a diversion. I'm debating once everything is done whether to load a previous game and save everyone, or just carry it over into 3. I'm saving the Arrival and Shadow Broker DLC for after I finish since I think I read it's better that way.

Also, I wasn't prepared for the collectors boarding the ship and kidnapping everyone. That was super intense.
Also I romanced Garrus instead of Thane or Jacob since he's such badass.
But yeah why did I wait so long to play this trilogy
If you are definitely planning on replaying, I say roll with the losses. Some of the replacements are pretty non-descript in ME3, but some are interesting alternatives. Tali, Mordin, and Legion (and Wrex, if you lost him in the first game) are the ones that significantly change ME3 if they are gone. It doesn't change the actual story at all, but the angle you come at it from is different.

And yes, Arrival should be the last thing you do before rolling right into ME3. It was literally released as a prologue/teaser to ME3 well after the other DLCs.

Ugh the one I lost was Legion. Kinda sad how his death scene played out

That will probably make a couple decisions in ME3 easier for you, then.

Back