• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

finished rebuilding Lurelin Village last night. Not as good as Tarreytown from BOTW, but the final cut scene after finishing it was really something else

Not used to such heavy religious undertones from Nintendo

yeah, the other Depths set has gloom resistance

man; the ony thing about this game (and BOTW) that really grinds my gears is how long it takes when you're doing upgrades. like fuck me running I didn't find/see Hestu until I had 60+ seeds and having to go through the whole dance thing for each slot upgrade ughhhh. i stopped after i burned 30 seeds but was too annoyed to continue

same with the Fairies

yeah, the other Depths set has gloom resistance

man; the ony thing about this game (and BOTW) that really grinds my gears is how long it takes when you're doing upgrades. like fuck me running I didn't find/see Hestu until I had 60+ seeds and having to go through the whole dance thing for each slot upgrade ughhhh. i stopped after i burned 30 seeds but was too annoyed to continue

same with the Fairies
batch upgrade would be awesome at the fairies. And being able to see your inventory and what you need to upgrade them even if nothing is available to upgrade at the moment. Though I do like that in this game the fairies and stables are marked on your map.

Anyone else on Team Unlock Great Fairies over Team Unlock Towers?

batch upgrade would be awesome at the fairies. And being able to see your inventory and what you need to upgrade them even if nothing is available to upgrade at the moment. Though I do like that in this game the fairies and stables are marked on your map.

yeah i unlocked a bunch of towers and then did Rito and now have been exploring the overworld and the depths and haven't gotten a new tower for a while. at some point i'll tackle another Temple

finally got autobuild

I haven't figured it out yet and didn't look it up. One needs a drum or something and I don't remember about the other I found.

I also need to find the Korok guy again. I have scores of seeds to turn in.

You can skip the Hestu dance.

I haven't figured it out yet and didn't look it up. One needs a drum or something and I don't remember about the other I found.

I also need to find the Korok guy again. I have scores of seeds to turn in.
you're literally Putting the Band Back Together!!

I’m at over 100 hours on TOTK. I was at over 120 hours on BOTW when I beat the main quest.

I will not finish this main quest in the next 20 hours or so. Maybe not in another 100 hours.

I got through the statues and chased them into the Gerudo depths. Found a bunch of light roots.

Nintendo is releasing a few short videos about the game development. One interesting note is Ascend came about because they wanted a quick way to get out of caves. That encouraged them to make the game more vertical.

If you push X after you choose what stash to add, Hestu won’t get a chance to start the dance. I’m glad Hestu is easy to find and get to for the whole game.

I’m at over 100 hours on TOTK. I was at over 120 hours on BOTW when I beat the main quest.

I will not finish this main quest in the next 20 hours or so. Maybe not in another 100 hours.

I got through the statues and chased them into the Gerudo depths. Found a bunch of light roots.

Nintendo is releasing a few short videos about the game development. One interesting note is Ascend came about because they wanted a quick way to get out of caves. That encouraged them to make the game more vertical.

If you push X after you choose what stash to add, Hestu won’t get a chance to start the dance. I’m glad Hestu is easy to find and get to for the whole game.

BIG IF TRUE

Where do you see your hours played? I'm at about 130+ shrines at the moment and just missing 2 or 3 lightroots. One I know where it is but I don't know how to access it. The other 2 I have no fuckin idea where they are.

Yeah, I remember there being a screen where you could see your completion percentage in BOTW... Haven't seen that in TOTK (but also haven't looked very hard).

Where do you see your hours played? I'm at about 130+ shrines at the moment and just missing 2 or 3 lightroots. One I know where it is but I don't know how to access it. The other 2 I have no fuckin idea where they are.

Go to your profile and scroll down. You see your hours for every game.

my most played switch game is p easily pokemon sword (430 hours), but i went through a psycho phase with that game

i think it counts time where the switch is active (i.e. not idle/asleep)
It varies by game, actually. I have over 230 hours in Motorsport Manager because it counted all the time the game was running, even in sleep mode.

I've played TOTK 2-5 hours a day for the last month so over 100 checks out. It blows my mind how much I play this game. I've played video games much more this year than usual. I finished Sonic Frontiers, Fallen Order, and Survivor before this. But as much as I enjoyed those games, I never found myself at 4:30 am dragging myself to bed. Part of it is Fallen Order and Survivor have specific save points that encourage you to stop because you may not get to save for another 20+ minutes. BOTW and TOTK just keep saving so there's no risk and all reward except losing sleep.

For the record, I actually woke up early this morning, did Orangetheory, went to a conference on campus, did some quality networking, and had a successful meeting. It's like an alternative universe of what I can do if I stop playing at 2:00 am and don't sleep instead of playing till 4:00 or so and crash.

I've played TOTK 2-5 hours a day for the last month so over 100 checks out. It blows my mind how much I play this game. I've played video games much more this year than usual. I finished Sonic Frontiers, Fallen Order, and Survivor before this. But as much as I enjoyed those games, I never found myself at 4:30 am dragging myself to bed. Part of it is Fallen Order and Survivor have specific save points that encourage you to stop because you may not get to save for another 20+ minutes. BOTW and TOTK just keep saving so there's no risk and all reward except losing sleep.

For the record, I actually woke up early this morning, did Orangetheory, went to a conference on campus, did some quality networking, and had a successful meeting. It's like an alternative universe of what I can do if I stop playing at 2:00 am and don't sleep instead of playing till 4:00 or so and crash.

last night my daughter switched from TOTK to another game and i had just beaten a Talus. when i turned it back on/reloaded the Talus was back to life but the game recorded my expenditure of bomb flowers/meals/other consumables and i didn't even get the talus heart/gems

Back