• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Do you still have to do the captcha if you have the steam app with the authenticator? I can't remember the last time I did a captcha, but I don't use steam much lately either.

I bought Baldur's Gate 3 and have been enjoying it so far, but man is there a lot to it. Every time I've ever played D&D (I've never lasted more than a couple of levels before bowing out either to lack of interest or timing conflicts), I wonder how 11 year olds in the 80's were able to keep up with all this stuff with pen and paper. Has it become much more complicated, or were attention spans just longer back then? There is some tedious stuff BG3 even when the computer is doing 80% of the work, let alone if I was physically writing down stats, inspecting gear and keeping track of proficiency and what not.

I bought Baldur's Gate 3 and have been enjoying it so far, but man is there a lot to it. Every time I've ever played D&D (I've never lasted more than a couple of levels before bowing out either to lack of interest or timing conflicts), I wonder how 11 year olds in the 80's were able to keep up with all this stuff with pen and paper in the 80s. Has it become much more complicated, or were attention spans just longer back then? There is some tedious stuff even in BG3 when the computer is doing is doing 80% of the work.

nerds were nerdier, for sure

you can be a dolt and play 5e, especially if you use D&Dbeyond or whatever to track your stuff

I bought Baldur's Gate 3 and have been enjoying it so far, but man is there a lot to it. Every time I've ever played D&D (I've never lasted more than a couple of levels before bowing out either to lack of interest or timing conflicts), I wonder how 11 year olds in the 80's were able to keep up with all this stuff with pen and paper in the 80s. Has it become much more complicated, or were attention spans just longer back then? There is some tedious stuff even in BG3 when the computer is doing is doing 80% of the work.
1st edition in the 80s too though, more bizarre ruleset but also way less shit players could actually do (e.g. spell-wise, no cantrips back then, one spell a day and then you can throw rocks from the back of the room)

1st edition in the 80s too though, more bizarre ruleset but also way less shit players could actually do (e.g. spell-wise, no cantrips back then, one spell a day and then you can throw rocks from the back of the room)

true. now there are 5 billion options and multiclassing is almost assumed

I got my kids Smash Brothers Ultimate and I haven't seen the Switch in a couple of weeks.

My girl Riju somewhere in the void just waiting on me to help her out.

I finally got to Gerudo and finished the regional phenomena and opened the last area. The Lightning Temple took longer than it should have because I ascended into an area I shouldn't have gone to yet. So what seemed like a shortcut made the whole thing more confusing.

I still need to explore the West/Northwest (North desert to Hebra) and Korok Forest. I think I have around 40 shrines and 55 lightroots left.

Starting to see reasonable speculation that the Switch 2 is coming out in Q3 or Q4 of next year with a new 3D Mario game at launch.

Baldur's Gate 3 is really good and why I haven't made progress on Zelda in the past week.
:thatsright:

it's got its little quirks and such that come with the territory of a DnD based game but holy hell is it deep + the level of care they put into all the little details just astounding

Been itching to get back into FPS a little just to have something quick to play, but will probably wait until fall when I think they are going to redo MW3. In the meantime, will probably pick up TOTK either today or sometime this weekend. Give me the cliffnotes version of how awesome this game is.

How awesome TOTK is? Very awesome. You can take as much time as you want with it and have a fulfilling experience with plenty to come back to do.

Not something quick to play, but I've been wanting to pick up Remnant 2. It's been described to me as a Soulsborne FPS. Unfortunately for it though, nearly every game I've been excited to play since before Covid either has or will come out in the last/next few months.

Not something quick to play, but I've been wanting to pick up Remnant 2. It's been described to me as a Soulsborne FPS. Unfortunately for it though, nearly every game I've been excited to play since before Covid either has or will come out in the last/next few months.

I played a bit more in either 1 or 2, can’t remember. It never gelled for me.

Oh shit a quake II remaster out today. I played so much of that in high school. Might have to pick it up for old time’s sake

Oh shit a quake II remaster out today. I played so much of that in high school. Might have to pick it up for old time’s sake
I played one game of the Command and Conquer Red Alert remake that I was so enamored I ended up scheduling a date on whatsapp to play with my Dutch C&C friends from 25 years ago. He's back from vacation this weekend and I'm PUMPED. Affirmative.

Back