• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Bought TOTK today and played it for a few hours and so far it's amazing. The fuse and ultrahand abilities are really well done and I love the ambient music on sky island. I built some platform contraption for some lost Korok, set it up on the wire, threw his ass on there and somehow the platform left without me so I have no idea how to get to that guy. I have a feeling this game is going to be a lot better than BOTW, which I loved, and I'm also going to spend a ton of time playing it over the next year or so.

Not something quick to play, but I've been wanting to pick up Remnant 2. It's been described to me as a Soulsborne FPS. Unfortunately for it though, nearly every game I've been excited to play since before Covid either has or will come out in the last/next few months.
Never got into the Souls games despite a few attempts, but I really enjoyed the first Remnant game. Got about halfway through before my multiplayer gaming nights fell apart, but I've always wanted to get back to it. I've heard the sequel is better in almost every way.

I didn’t play my Switch for about a week while I was out of town. The L button stopped sticking and the drift stopped.

Last edited:
Man, it's not a perfect game but at the same time FF16 is fucking awesome at times. About 2/3rds of the way through

I haven't touched it since Baldur's Gate came out. I really like turn based RPGs more than action RPGs.

I’m down to under 20 shrines and light roots. Figuring out how many quests I want to do before fighting Ganon.

The loading menu. There are no in game maps that I know of other than the hero’s path. The light roots effectively serve as a map of the surface shrines which is ingenious especially given that many of the surface shrines are in caves. The sky shrines are fairly evenly spread out so it shouldn’t be too hard to find the remaining ones.

I’ve completed several of the big optional quests like the princess sightings at the stables with Penn and the ancient tablets. Overall they were very creative.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the most loaded years for video games ever. There just isn’t enough time. I’m still in ACT I with 3 different characters in Baldur’s Gate III, have only played TotK for about 25 hours, would like to finish season 1 of Diablo IV, still have Starfield coming out on September 7th with Payday 3 on its heels on September 27th. And that’s not even mentioning FFXVI, Remnant 2, Hogwarts Legacy, Street Fighter 6, Mortal Kombat 1…

Last edited:
Do you plan on playing 2k24, Mortal Kombat 1, Super Mario Bros Wonder, or Spider-Man 2 all which come out in the next two months?

2023 is easily the most video games I’ve played in a year since I was a kid with an NES, probably more since I couldn’t stay up until 5:00 am on a weeknight back then. I’ve played a few hours almost every night since playing Fallen Order. I was still playing some Switch Sports before that. I forgot that I played Sonic Frontiers before that which came out last year. So I’ve averaged a few hours a night since late last year.

NBA season, Wonder, and SM2 starting at the same time is going to be nuts.

Last edited:
I'll play SM2 and Wonder, I'm sure. I want to play Diablo IV, but who has time?

I’m still playing MLB The Show 23 (which has an incredible 3 v 3 online mode if you’re not familiar). Spiderman 2 is definitely on the list. I haven’t played a Madden game in a looong time nor an NBA game since Timmy was in the cover. I can’t see that changing this year with how busy it is. Mortal Kombat 1 will probably get cut because I haven’t played a fighting game in a while either, but it does look great. They’ll be patching and updating it for years given their absurd property rights purchases lately. Wonder will make its way in after I finally get to TotK, but from reading this thread it sounds like once I really start that it will consume my entire life.

I’m trying to shift priorities since I’m assuming the acting/writing strikes will free up some time next year. Anything single player will probably get bumped.

My wife and I also just picked up It Takes Two. It’s simple but fun if you have a spouse who could game but isn’t a gamer. It’s a well done co-op. I will say, the premise is a bit of a tear jerker.

Last edited:
if you pay full price (really, more than $20) for NBA2k in the year of our lord 2023 you're a fucking mark

They're bundling League Pass with 2k24. The only Madden I bought was the one with Cam on the cover that came with Sunday Ticket. I played Madden like once and I've gotten Sunday Ticket ever since.

I might get 2K23 to see if I'd be interested in 2K24 with Wemby. In general, I think sports games should just update rosters (even through DLC) and come out with a brand new game every 2 or 3 years or twice per generation like other genres of games.

Back