• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Karlach4lyfe

I just assume I’m going to roll a second PC/playthrough and that helps me worry less
Karlach is awesome.

I find myself running my PC (Thief), Karlach, Shadowheart and
Minsc

I somehow got Wyll killed and even at level 12, Gale dies way too easily.

For some fights, I swap
Minsc
for
Jaheira
for double summons and AoE spells.

I haven’t reached Bg city yet and haven’t run into them yet. I just finished the underdark and went up to the shadow lands last night at level 6. I had to wait for the Xbox version.

I’ve been running with Astarion, Karlach, and Shadowheart. My PC is a Bard.

Last edited:
How long have you been playing TOTK? I have a feeling I won't be in ready to finish the game until about May. The depths are massive and there's still so much to do on the surface. I'm constantly getting distracted
Off and on for a few months I guess? I'll go a month without playing anything then dig in for a few evenings when work gets slow. TOTK has been fine since I can play for like 45 minutes and either 1) spend the session building up meals/weapons/resources, 2) Tackle a shrine or two, 3) Advance the main quest.

I'm near'ish to the end and I'm taking one last tour around the world and hitting anything particularly cool I missed. While I thought the first time I discovered the depths (I had no idea they existed) was a pretty epic moment, I don't find exploring them to be very compelling beyond the minimum needed (like just hitting the coliseums and such). Still was extremely impressed by how they took BOTW and somehow made it so interesting. Coming up with creative solutions to puzzles and battles with my kids watching has been serious entertainment.

I feel like I'm in such a bad place with TOTK. I've gotten two of the temples done
Water and Wind
and have done a good bit of exploring in the depths.

I don't want to start a new game and rerun everything, but at the same time I haven't touched the game since the summer and it feels daunting to just hop right back into the middle of things with no context.

It's weird because if this was BOTW I'd still have these feelings, but the crafting system and getting reacquainted with that (which I sucked with when I did play the game) feels like it makes it that much harder.

just finished act 2 of BG3 last night

I run PC (rogue, yes, it is basic bitch shit) / Shadowheart / Karlach / Wyll

might swap Wyll out for someone for act 3 but not sure who yet. was kind of expecting him to be better by now, but he doesn't have access to a ton of good AoE spells, so he mostly just ends up being a Hunger of Hadar caster for me (when he's not doling out Eldritch Blasts I guess)

Why is rogue basic bitch? I like the stabby, stabby.

I kinda wish I'd played bard
since there's a character for everything else.

People talk about Wyll like he's OP, but he never clicked with me. Karlash though...

That’s all Warlocks can do in combat, really. More of a fun role play class than fun combat class.

I don’t know what you do if you don’t play a Rogue or take astarion. Just have worse luck picking locks I guess.

Bard has been more fun in this game than in my actual play, but the fights are a lot more dynamic than in many of the sessions I’ve played. Combat is obviously faster and resting is easier so save/suck spells that bards live off of aren’t as penalizing as IRL

That’s all Warlocks can do in combat, really. More of a fun role play class than fun combat class.

I don’t know what you do if you don’t play a Rogue or take astarion. Just have worse luck picking locks I guess.
that's sort of my reasoning tbh

I could take Astarion, or I could just pass all of the DC 30 checks myself and use the extra party slot on someone I actually like

Bard has been more fun in this game than in my actual play, but the fights are a lot more dynamic than in many of the sessions I’ve played. Combat is obviously faster and resting is easier so save/suck spells that bards live off of aren’t as penalizing as IRL
I think my next playthrough might be a bard

I kind of like the idea of monk or druid too. I dunno, maybe I'll give Halsin a whirl and see what the druid playstyle is like

I felt like Act 2 was a little shorter and on the easier side of things. Hoping act 3 is as dope as I've heard it is

I think I only took one long rest the whole act, right before what I was pretty sure was the final big fight of the area (it wasn't)

wow in 2? I feel like I’ve cheesed the LR but I also have like 30 healing potions

I felt like Act 2 was a little shorter and on the easier side of things. Hoping act 3 is as dope as I've heard it is

I think I only took one long rest the whole act, right before what I was pretty sure was the final big fight of the area (it wasn't)
Act 2 is the worst. 3 is great.

I just mean once you experience mid tier play nothing really changes except you and the enemies get a little stronger.
To add: a few things obviously change. Safe powers or whatever they’re called affect play but only only Tullin’s is really necessary.

most of the stuff you find/get just makes life a little easier.

wow in 2? I feel like I’ve cheesed the LR but I also have like 30 healing potions
yeahhhh. you get access to slumber potions that simulate rests (mostly short rests, though I think a vendor or two might sell a long rest one), and those short rests got me pretty damn far since neither my PC nor Karlach give a damn about spell slots, and short rests replenish warlock spell slots. I used the long rest potions I grabbed on Shadowheart to get me the rest of the way

I was a little nervous I'd need to replenish Karlach's rage charges, but I ended up giving her a great weapon feat that effectively did the same thing as frenzy

Back