• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Since they had the little Easter egg in the SMB movie for Punch-Out I thought it could make a decent sports movie, but they haven’t made a Punch-Out game in like 15 years so unless they are planning a new game doesn’t really make sense to actually make a movie because there would be no cross promotion

True. But the appeal of an animated version of Rocky is too strong.

Imagine Little Mac reaching the title match and beating Super Macho Man. Then in the post credits, you see Mike Tyson training.

Last edited:
I don’t have the latest gen consoles but Suicide Squad could be what makes me break down and buy a PS5

It still looks like generic shooter which is a shame for such a promising premise.

I had been just seeing ads for it and only started reading initial reviews after my post. Bummer if it’s not great because the Arkham games are so great

I had been just seeing ads for it and only started reading initial reviews after my post. Bummer if it’s not great because the Arkham games are so great

The trailer came out awhile ago and they delayed the game due to the negative backlash.

Anyone picking up the new Prince of Persia? I’m intrigued that they decided to make it a platformer. It looks like it would appeal to the Hades crowd.

Anyone picking up the new Prince of Persia? I’m intrigued that they decided to make it a platformer. It looks like it would appeal to the Hades crowd.

Have seen some ads for this too - never played a Prince of Persia but this looks good. Wiki write-up says it’ll have Metroidvania elements; I’m always game for a solid entry in that genre

Finished up the main storyline from Red Dead Redemption (switch) and loved it. I completely understand why this game is so highly regarded and even though it's old (now), I still had a blast playing it. I'm about 75% to total completion and I'm not sure I'll go for a 100% though I can see myself playing it with a little bit of interest going forward as it's fairly easy to jump in and out of it at this point.

100% finished Spider-Man 2. Another massive success for Insomniac Games. The main story was excellent. The side missions were well done and had either good payoffs with stories or battles. The later boss battles were excellent.

Excited to see what they do with Wolverine and the next Spider-Man games.

Gonna jump into Darkest Dungeon this week - had it for a while (like 5 years), but never got through it. Also have Hollow Knight I've never finished.

Lol at finishing Darkest Dungeon. I would laugh at finishing Hollow Knight too, but at least you can reasonably get to a couple different endings in that. Both are very cool games.

Yeah by "finishing" I definitely do not mean 100%. I mean basically getting through the main plot line haha.

Also - guessing the answer to this is no, but I have them on Steam, and have a Switch. There's no way to get that onto the Switch without just buying the SteamDeck itself, right? Would help a lot if I didn't have to play at the computer.

Yeah by "finishing" I definitely do not mean 100%. I mean basically getting through the main plot line haha.

Also - guessing the answer to this is no, but I have them on Steam, and have a Switch. There's no way to get that onto the Switch without just buying the SteamDeck itself, right? Would help a lot if I didn't have to play at the computer.
Correct, if you wanna play hand held you'd need a steamdeck.. could also look into a streaming device from PC to a TV (not really sure what current options are on that front, but something like steamlink, nvidia shield or whatever, etc) if they're not too far from one another

I actually never played the Fallout games, and have heard little to nothing about this show, but it's got good producers and a solid cast:

I tried playing Fallout 4 this fall since I never had before and it's the style of game I typically like, but I thought it was pretty awful and won't go back to it. It's super glitchy and clunky, and for me it's an absolutely awful shooter/combat experience. And I don't really get into all of the modding and building and stuff like that. I know a lot of people vehemently disagree though.

FO3, however, brilliant. I have a soft spot for the original as well, despite never getting very far. The world they created (well, Interplay created and Bethesda continued) really fascinates me.

Back