• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

Why all the hate for FO4? Granted it was my first trip into the Fallout universe so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Thinking about starting Skyrim over once I'm done with TOTK. I never finished it and the game just got too big for me. One of my regrets is that I never got too far into the main story.

Just saw that the new Prince of Persia has a free demo on all platforms. Will definitely be checking that out this weekend.

Report back on the PoP demo: it’s only 20 - 30 minutes long. It seems like a large world, albeit in 2D. The fighting was pretty fun, but the demo didn’t really allow for power ups. It ends as soon as you get to a boss, so you only get to beat up on some low level mobs and slightly higher level bruisers. At $50 I may still get it, but I was probably closer to buying it before the demo to be honest.

I'm about 6 or 7 hours into cyberpunk on the PS4 and it's freaking great. No hiccups, no issues, looks great. I can also transfer my save files to the PS5 and play on that,which I didn't know I could do. Very surprised by how good it is.

The discourse around Palworld I find to be a bit wild right now, but I am fairly interested in what it does for the longevity of the game.

I’ve admittedly been having a blast with it since downloading it over the weekend even though a lot of the mechanics are fairly new to me and I’ve spent basically 0 hours in Minecraft, fortnite, and ark. At its most basic summary, it's pokemon with guns.

I grew up with Pokemon but left the franchise as I grew up, so I don't really share the same pains that a lot of people do when it comes to continuously getting let down by the releases, but watching it from afar it feels like watching Stockholm syndrome.

Regardless of where things end up with the game, it does feel like Nintendo/Gamefreak is going to have to actually do something from a development standpoint as it feels like the genie isn’t getting put back in the bottle and people have been so frustrated with their handling of the IP for over a decade.

I'm about 6 or 7 hours into cyberpunk on the PS4 and it's freaking great. No hiccups, no issues, looks great. I can also transfer my save files to the PS5 and play on that,which I didn't know I could do. Very surprised by how good it is.
Aside from a few remaining gigs and redoing the final quests of the main game and the expansion, there is almost nothing left for me to do in Cyberpunk. Really enjoyed it. If you are new then you have the latest updates which have helped tremendously with the glitches. That said, I still run into some glitches on occasion, including sudden fatal errors that shut the game down and force me to restart. But even then it's not so bad since the game auto-saves so frequently.

The Mattison/Tarrytown sidequest in TOTK was really well done and it definitely got me. I love the Tarrytown music too. I wish I had played BOTW more recently because I've forgotten a lot of the characters and story beats.

Well now I'm going to have to check this out. That's the only reason I didn't try it before.

football coach: college dynasty

essentially it's "what if ootp but college football," though it's a one man dev team and therefore much more barebones than that

What a pathetic shitshow.

That is only on the deluxe versions, so I guess it is literally pay to win?

Yeah. It’s people who paid to get the game early.

2 buddies and I downloaded Palworld last night and played for 7 straight hours without blinking. Haven’t done that since WoW days. It’s a straight up survival game (think Valheim) with Pokemon that you use to help you with your farm/home and in battle. You can choose from 3 difficulties that will essentially determine how long it’s going to take for you to play the game. The gameplay mechanics are smooth. Battles are live action, so the ability to be able to cycle through and throw different Pokemon easily was a huge plus (since only 1 can be out at a time). It’s still technically pre-release, so there are definitely some glitches, but they didn’t really hinder the game. Nothing a quick reload couldn’t handle. These games are always more fun with friends. If you’ve never played a survival game this would be a fun one to start with, especially those with kids around that Pokemon age.

Last edited:
Nintendo is probably knocking on your door right now for using "Pokemon" in your post about Palworld.

Just take every other games ideas and put them in your game and call it palworld and it’s all good!

Back