• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

rogue PC + Karlach + Wyll + Shadowheart the op party

that one crazy fight by the dock with halsin in the portal, not sure any of the enemies managed to get close with that party... Just a sea of corpses afterwards lol. Meanwhile that fight took my wife two tries oof
I never figured out how to use Wyll and he eventually died. Not sure how.

But I can echo Rogue PC + Karlach + Shadowheart + x is best. I used Gale and Jahiera a lot.

I never figured out how to use Wyll and he eventually died. Not sure how.

But I can echo Rogue PC + Karlach + Shadowheart + x is best. I used Gale and Jahiera a lot.
I'm tempted to swap Wyll out for Jaheira or Halsin. Wyll has limited utility but I kinda like getting a couple strong AoE spells every fight (followed by much less strong Eldritch spam)

Bard PC + Karlach + Shadowheart + Astarion

i did the moonrise tower the worst/hardest way possible, as it turns out, but freeing Nightsong meant she could tank against Myrkul so that fight wasn't too bad after the initital tough area attacks. Honestly the fight at the entrance to the tower was fucking grueling; hardest of the game so far.

if i did it again with Shadowheart, i'd respect her into a different cleric domain. i basically never use any of her trickery shit.

i think if i do another playthrough i'll play as my current IRL game Tempest Cleric

if i did it again with Shadowheart, i'd respect her into a different cleric domain. i basically never use any of her trickery shit.

i think if i do another playthrough i'll play as my current IRL game Tempest Cleric
I respeced into a thunder cleric.

I can’t recommend using 2 clerics and having 2 summoned demons/elementals enough.

One of the great things about Gamepass is when you grab something completely random on a whim with absolutely no idea what it is, and it turns out to be something like Persona 3 Reload. This game is nuts.

One of the great things about Gamepass is when you grab something completely random on a whim with absolutely no idea what it is, and it turns out to be something like Persona 3 Reload. This game is nuts.
Haven't had time to start Reload yet, but the original is one of my favorite games of all time.

I'm tempted to swap Wyll out for Jaheira or Halsin. Wyll has limited utility but I kinda like getting a couple strong AoE spells every fight (followed by much less strong Eldritch spam)
My main was a 10/2 sorcerer warlock, Wyll could be the same way. You can cast twin haste and quicken your eldritch blasts, or quicken plenty of other spells like fireball. I'm about the beat the game with my party the entire game being Karlach, Shadowheart, and Astarion, excluding story beats where I brought others. If I replay, I don't know how I could get myself to NOT bring Karlach along, she's just the best.

My main was a 10/2 sorcerer warlock, Wyll could be the same way. You can cast twin haste and quicken your eldritch blasts, or quicken plenty of other spells like fireball. I'm about the beat the game with my party the entire game being Karlach, Shadowheart, and Astarion, excluding story beats where I brought others. If I replay, I don't know how I could get myself to NOT bring Karlach along, she's just the best.

this guy D&Ds

yeah, "what's the story?"

tempted to try playing as a paladin. it's a shame there are no recruitable Bards (that i know of)

yeah, "what's the story?"

tempted to try playing as a paladin. it's a shame there are no recruitable Bards (that i know of)
I kinda assumed that you could recruit Volo at some point if you went down certain story beats? maybe not though

Back