• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video of 7'5" high school basketball player against his slightly smaller competition

reminds me of former UNCA player Kenny George
UNC+Hansbrough+v+UNCA+Giant.jpg

and former UNC player (for about a year) Neil Fingleton
team-1.jpg

He does bring the ball down quite a bit, and that would be the best way to slow him down. Forget trying to guard him in any normal way, but when he brings the ball down go for it. Otherwise forget it.

How did he lose that jump ball?

People with that sometimes end up over 7'6. Sadly they usually end up dying very young... hopefully that's not the case with this guy.

Yeah, it would suck to give that guy a scholarship and not get at least two years out of him.

Reminds me of the dude that played at UNC-Asheville, that was a sad story.

Reminds me of the dude that played at UNC-Asheville, that was a sad story.

Used to see Kenny George out on the town occasionally. Never really new him but was introduced to him by a mutual friend once. It's hard to really imagine what 7'6" or 7'7" really looks like until it's standing in front of you shaking your hand.

I'm 6'4", so I'm not small...I could barely my hand around his palm to shake his hand and his fingers came half way up my forearm...a pint glass in his hands looked like one of those beer tasting glasses they give you at beer festivals

team-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I miss that Carolina team. They sucked almost as badly as we do now. Capel, Bersticker, Lang, and Jawab was just a freshman...

Does everyone from Senegal have the last name Ndiae?

What happened to Kenny George? Saw Asheville play 1 time here at UVA and wasn't all that impressed?

He plays for an evangelical private school that's right around the corner from HB HS (home of Tony Gonzalez and Cherokee Parks). I've always wondered how this little group had such massive, expensive land holdings.

Does everyone from Senegal have the last name Ndiae?

What happened to Kenny George? Saw Asheville play 1 time here at UVA and wasn't all that impressed?

as bojangle said he had to have part of his foot amputated. He wasn't mobile at all, he was doing good to get 10-15 minutes a game because was just too big to get into better condition and he repeatedly got stress fractures.....I think that's actually what lead to the infection/amputation

He's got shoulders too. It's not like he's Manute or Chuck Nevin.

Has he ever played against good people?

He's around here. Next time I talk to my buddies who coach, I'll ask them what they think about the guy.

Apparently he has a tumor on his pituitary gland which led to his growth and other potential physical problems.

He catches the ball well and has fairly good feet.

I think he's only been playing the game for a couple of years. Not bad if you ask me. He needs to build up some strength in his legs but he could be quite a player.

What was impressive was his hinds and his drop step. He also has a nice little jump hook.

7'8 George Bell lived in Durham at the same time I was working for the Durham Rec. Dept. He stopped by one of the Rec centers so we got to meet him and shoot a little hoop with him. Very nice guy.

Turned out he was also a patient at the health clinic where my wife worked so she also met him.

Here's a little info I found about him. The site says he's the 5th tallest player in basketball history.

"George Bell is a former basketball player from the United States who played college ball at Biola University, an NAIA school in California. Later, he played for the Harlem Wizards, and the Harlem Globetrotters show teams.

Here's a little more info on Mr. Bell.

http://www.thetallestman.com/georgebell.htm

Way better than I thought he'd be. Looks like he wouldn't have too much trouble transitioning to tougher competition. Wouldn't be as dominant, but would probably be better than the other guys mentioned in this thread. Actually plays like he's 7-5.

Ha. Neil Fingleton.

We were convinced we had that guy and he'd be great. We didn't and he wasn't.

Back