• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video of the First Wake Bball Practice of the Year

Just came across this, and there is some interesting stuff in there. McClinton looks to be practicing to some extent (has a knee brace on), I think Daniel Green was riding a bike (I couldn't tell for sure if it was him), Randolph looks to be getting up shots, and Bz creates a new word - "overwhelmness."

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/092713aaa.html

Just randomly happened to find this article buried on the ol' Wake site? Thanks.

I just hope we're thinking from the neck up this year. Also, find it interesting that we're physically improving our bodies.

Last edited:
Buzz: "So we're really excited about the upcoming season." *cheesy grin*

Oh Buzz, just go away. Let the train wreck begin.

Overwhelmness....... Captain Charisma strikes again!!!!

I think with Green out, it means McClinton is likely to play.

They have grown together in a collective way.....that is really encouraging.

I opened this thread expecting to see a bunch of midgets practicing basketball, disappointed.

I opened this thread expecting to see a bunch of midgets practicing basketball, disappointed.

oh so did I....couldn't believe it was actually a produced practice segment. Worse part of the 'drop in' video is that they freeze frame a huge action action of a dunk for the title page, but then never show that in the actual footage. Apparently he got red lighted, missed the dunk, or something else happened that makes that play not nearly as impressive as it looks in the freeze frame. I have to give them points for trying. They are working their tails off to present a turd sandwich as filet mignon.

We scrimmaged against Liberty last night. Ended up looking really bad. In the video below, the tones are off, so our black looks green.

Whenever I see Bzz, I want to punch him in his stupid face.

In all seriousness, what social disorder does [Redacted] have? Is it aspergers? He definitely has something.

Good catch, Wrangor. They're really trying hard to shine that turd. Another thing I noticed is the only time I saw the ball go through the hoop even in the background was on a Devin layup and a Travis layup. Instead of zooming out on a shooter to see the ball go through the basket, our media folks zoom in.

Have you seen him play in the last couple weeks?

No, but I saw him play a ton in high school. He is about as unskilled as wings come, but he was an elite athlete (quick cutter and agile, explosive, open court quickness). I really don't think that you make a kid come back from an ACL, unless absolutely necessary and especially if he's a freshman, until it's been over a year. McClinton tore his in early January IIRC.

It's just a classic [Redacted] move that's going to result in Greg's confidence ending up shot to hell (see: Chennault, Tony) and the potential for a re-injury (see: Green, Daniel) really high. Buzz has a really great track record of letting guys back too early from injury. This seems to be the latest.

What you might be overlooking is that he tore his ACL playing high school ball. Now, the challenge is learning how to play in a much faster ACC with a bum knee.

It's just irresponsible. I don't care if the kids want to come back early. It's just irresponsible.

I could care less who the coach is right now. I think it's wrong to let guys come back from ACL injuries this early. That he's a freshman and there's depth at his position just adds insult to injury, IMO. There's just no reason that he needs to play right now. With Green there was some urgency. Same with TC. It's a completely different situation for Greg. IMO, waiting this one out is the difference between Cam Stanley and Trent Strickland.

Buzz and Battle need to do the right thing here and either keep him on the bench and burn a shirt or red-shirt him.

There is a lot of variability in acl recovery time. Our sports med staff is top notch. They make the call when he returns.

I was just wondering why you said he doesn't look anywhere near ready.

Back