• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Tribute to Grobe

You beat me to it... great video. Good stuff.

Actually I haven't even watched it yet. I'm supposed to be watching a webinar, but have been surfing during parts and saw that and figured I'd post it. The webinar is over in a few, so I will watch it then.

Awesome video. Love Jim Grobe and all he has done for Wake, but it was also time.

I think that sums it up well and the best thing about it, Grobe realized it was the right time to walk away and that simply can't be said for many coaches. Heck, 2 of the greatest coaches ever, Bowden and Paterno, didn't haven enough sense to know when to walk away. Talk about a man of great character, going out by showing that great character, that's what we saw yesterday.

I think that sums it up well and the best thing about it, Grobe realized it was the right time to walk away and that simply can't be said for many coaches. Heck, 2 of the greatest coaches ever, Bowden, didn't haven enough sense to know when to walk away. Talk about a man of great character, going out by showing that great character, that's what we saw yesterday.

I can definitely attest to this!

Great video. I'm looking forward to remembering some great memories from Grobe's tenure at Wake.

Watching those teams in the video prior to 2009 were just so much better than what we've seen recently. Even the pre-06 teams were better to watch than the past five seasons.

"Jim Grobe is one of the best human beings in America."--George Forman, 2007 Meineke Car Care Bowl

Anybody else remember that during the in-game commentary? Yes, he is, George. Yes, he is.

"YOU GUYS LIKE TO FIGHT!!" ....such a powerful moment - great way to end that video. Miss Coach Grobe....just wow.

What an awesome video. Makes you remember how awesome Grobe was and kind of also makes you wonder what happened the last few years, but damn I'm so proud Jim Grobe was our coach.

Win #34 BC - best crowd I ever saw in Winston-Salem

Win #34 BC - best crowd I ever saw in Winston-Salem

Yeah, I have to agree. It was a packed house, awesome atmosphere and it was almost all Wake fans. We've had packed houses when we would play teams that travel well, but never do I remember a crowd like that with 99 percent of the crowd being Deac fans. The Thursday nighter the next year against FSU was pretty special also, but the 06 BC game is the tops.

hell of a tribute video. god, we had some fucking awesome times with jimbo. he's the reason i even give a shit about this football program. i used to beg my dad for us to leave games early or to not even attend them before grobe got here, now i can't even turn the channel even if we're down 42 pts to FSU. thanks for giving me something to look forward to these past 13 falls jim.

Yeah, I have to agree. It was a packed house, awesome atmosphere and it was almost all Wake fans. We've had packed houses when we would play teams that travel well, but never do I remember a crowd like that with 99 percent of the crowd being Deac fans. The Thursday nighter the next year against FSU was pretty special also, but the 06 BC game is the tops.

It almost felt like a section of an SEC stadium was cut out and planted in Winston-Salem. Obviously much smaller but I remember the gold poms poms going in unison like at an SEC school. It was awesome.

Great video.

I think these past couple seasons really wore him down, and I wonder how much Wellman was controlling what he could could do post 2008. Hate to see him go, but we need to get some forward momentum at Wake.

The entire Orange Bowl season was my favorite in memory. At the opening game that season, my entire Marine Corps platoon was at the game and cheering our hearts out as our last fun activity before leaving for Iraq the next week. We stayed in the dark after the first 3 or 4 games that season about scores and I had an uncle that would send us a DVD of each game. We watched those DVDs as something fun to get us out of our heads and where we were; that season meant so much. We got the Orange Bowl DVD a few weeks after it was played and watched it in the middle of the nite on a laptop (no-one knowing the final score) and had at least 30 guys watching, some who had never even heard of WF. Great season and a great 13 years from a great coach.

We have some issues at Wake right now, but Grobe did his best for as long as he was allowed to. Thanks Jim.

Back