• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Tribute to Grobe

Man, that was awesome. "You guys like to fight!" line at the end gave me chills. So thankful we had Jim Grobe for 13 years. 2006 was amazing and I will be forever grateful for that.

Awesome video. The celebration on the Quad after the ACC CG was such an incredible moment. Same for the Zo TD against MD, all of Kenny Moore against MD (lol MD), Swank's three 50 yarders against State and on and on. Thanks Jim.

Win #34 BC - best crowd I ever saw in Winston-Salem

Yeah, I have to agree. It was a packed house, awesome atmosphere and it was almost all Wake fans. We've had packed houses when we would play teams that travel well, but never do I remember a crowd like that with 99 percent of the crowd being Deac fans. The Thursday nighter the next year against FSU was pretty special also, but the 06 BC game is the tops.

Absolutely. It was the best atmosphere I ever witnessed at Wake.
Agree with all of the above. The funny thing is that it was probably the coldest game in recent history. I remember complaining at the tailgate that I didn't wear enough clothing. At least there was a bunch of stuff to be constantly moving and cheering about.

Last edited:
That first win over ECU was sweet to attend. ECU thought they had a program.

I think #93 is Calvin Pace.

We went 6-5 that first year and no bowl. Pretty amazing to watch the program rise under JG.

"YOU GUYS LIKE TO FIGHT!!" ....such a powerful moment - great way to end that video. Miss Coach Grobe....just wow.

The Clemson win at home where we took the ball right out of Whitehurst' hands...awesome.

hell of a tribute video. god, we had some fucking awesome times with jimbo. he's the reason i even give a shit about this football program. i used to beg my dad for us to leave games early or to not even attend them before grobe got here, now i can't even turn the channel even if we're down 42 pts to FSU. thanks for giving me something to look forward to these past 13 falls jim.

That first win over ECU was sweet to attend. ECU thought they had a program.

I think #93 is Calvin Pace.

We went 6-5 that first year and no bowl. Pretty amazing to watch the program rise under JG.

Met the team at Dowdy-Ficklen that Friday afternoon and was down on the field for the walk through practice. Made some good friends on the staff and appreciate what Grobie did for MSD. Big thanks to him and Ray McCartney.

I will never forget that bc game in 06. Never thought I would see that in Winston. I think that was my favorite sporting event I've ever attended. Crazy to say that but it's true, and I've attended some pretty cool college and professional sporting events including the orange bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was an awesome video.

Significant that the most recent clip was from 2009.

I miss old Grobe. That's the Grobe I will choose to remember.

HE SLAMS IT INTO FIFTH GEAR...

HOW ABOUT EIGHTY ONE YARRRRRDS

Awesome. On an old laptop of mine I had a close up pic of Marion turning the corner on that play and in the background you can see the BC LB and he's totally looking the completely wrong way. It's a great shot and I wonder if anyone else has it.

Back