• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Videoboard on Offense?

HailToTheDeacons

Fantasy Sheep Champion
Reaction score
I thought the videoboard played more frequently and loudly during our offensive snaps tonight. I distinctly remember Godfrey trying to quiet the crowd while we were in the red zone because of all the noise generated by the board and the fans who were responding to it.

What's the deal?

Sitting in Section 9, I can say without hesitation that the scoreboard is way too loud. If it causes pain in your eardrums, you can stand to turn it down a little bit.

Love the pictures on there, but there's no need to turn the volume all the way up to 11...

Sitting in Section 9, I can say without hesitation that the scoreboard is way too loud. If it causes pain in your eardrums, you can stand to turn it down a little bit.

Love the pictures on there, but there's no need to turn the volume all the way up to 11...

Lovely.

These go to 11.

Amen to that. It was like an AC/DC concert. And I love AC/DC... but seriously...

Please take the mic off the band.

I sit in Sec 1 and it was way too loud down there too.

Agree it was too loud. Perhaps it seemed louder because the crowd was so inexplicably quiet much of the game.

Our intro song is the worst in college football and quite possibly any sport of all time

Agree it was too loud. Perhaps it seemed louder because the crowd was so inexplicably quiet much of the game.

I agree with the lack of crowd noise.

Down by 7 points to Notre Dame--and we made almost no noise on their last possession. The WF crowd certainly wasn't helping the defense out any last night...

I agree with the lack of crowd noise.

Down by 7 points to Notre Dame--and we made almost no noise on their last possession. The WF crowd certainly wasn't helping the defense out any last night...

Everyone had left at that point.

The crowd was pretty loud in the first half. But when the defense gives up 2 quick TD drives to start the second and the offense sputters, its difficult to pump the crowd up. The defense played well, don't get me wrong, but it didn't do much to fire up the crowd late in the game.

That last drive, the crowd could kind of sense that it was over based on how ND was driving. Not that that excuses them, but there wasn't much to cheer about at that point. It gets rehashed all the time, but the crowd at Groves depends on the team to pump it up all too often.

The crowd was pretty loud in the first half. But when the defense gives up 2 quick TD drives to start the second and the offense sputters, its difficult to pump the crowd up. The defense played well, don't get me wrong, but it didn't do much to fire up the crowd late in the game.

That last drive, the crowd could kind of sense that it was over based on how ND was driving. Not that that excuses them, but there wasn't much to cheer about at that point. It gets rehashed all the time, but the crowd at Groves depends on the team to pump it up all too often.

That's the case just about everywhere.

Please take the mic off the band.

Yes. It kills hot time every game.

Also, can we please stop forcing "Don't Stop Believin'" down people's throats? It's way too contrived, and the lyrics on the board were off. It was okay when it was organic the first time it happened without any announcement; since then it's been lame.

True. I just think some people expect the crowd should be yelling their head off for 4 quarters no matter what. It's simply not going to happen.

It's not going to happen at 99% of stadiums. I thought our crowd was pretty good overall, hard to get excited when you fumble at the 10 and then later on you have another first and goal at the 10 and end up getting pushed way back and miss a field goal. I told a guy next to me when ND got the ball back with about 5 mins to go that I doubted we would get the ball back again.

Back