• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Videoboard on Offense?

Yes. It kills hot time every game.

Also, can we please stop forcing "Don't Stop Believin'" down people's throats? It's way too contrived, and the lyrics on the board were off. It was okay when it was organic the first time it happened without any announcement; since then it's been lame.

Both of these. The band doesn't need to be mic'd at all, and Don't Stop Believin is really corny

The Don't Stop Believing thing is just embarrassing.

Agreed also that the pregame song is atrocious.

Also, can we please stop forcing "Don't Stop Believin'" down people's throats? It's way too contrived, and the lyrics on the board were off. It was okay when it was organic the first time it happened without any announcement; since then it's been lame.

But it's a tradition. They tell you so.

I'm not sure if it was too loud, but whoever was managing it did not have it balanced at all. There were several times where you could hear feedback and a few times where it sounded like there was too much bass. For some songs it was fine, but each song is different and has to be adjusted accordingly, which didn't seem to happen.

Agree that the sound was awful last night. It seems like who ever is running the board wants to fill every possible second between plays with some music and it's too loud, lacks balance or is played while the PA is trying to say something. And if we are going to mic the band, let's take it down a little so that it's not painfully obvious.

I assume everyone is talking about the "One of us is going down" song?

Yeah, the sick puppies aren't very good. I'm not joking, THAT'S THEIR BAND NAME.

The Don't Stop Believing thing is just embarrassing.

Agreed also that the pregame song is atrocious.

Embarrassing is the correct word.

The fact that the band and the scoreboard operator can't get together on the band abbreviating the song, thus leaving out the music for the lyrics that the PA announcer has just told the crowd to sing along with, is absolutely pathetic and really bush league.

Nice BS tradition.

Was at game but came home and watched abbreviated dvr of it afterwards - notes:

1. game looked great on tv - night/ colors/ aerial shots, etc
2.video board is great for video - replays are much clearer than before - don't understand running it live when we have the ball - should show replays as soon as play is over but stop interfering with the action
3. sound is WAY too loud -
4.stop putting mic on band from section 2 it sounded like the band was playing from section 9 instead of from the visitor's side of the field and sound was extremely distorted - with all the work we likely put in to get ready for this national tv extravaganza it is strange they wouldn't have done more soundchecks for this kind of stuff
5. Don't stop believin' - ? seriously? that is the cheesiest, worst I've ever seen - great song but leave it be

Summary - almost like a kid with a new Christmas toy - we have to try and play it non-stop and turn up every feature to the MAX - what happened to just letting the game be the story - WF football doens't have to be like the NBA with the non-stop crush of "entertainment" every second - it's like they're afraid of any non-scripted time from 8pm-11:30pm - we must fill in any gaps - I like SOME of it but come on people - what happened to the real pageantry of college football - the colors, the band, the crowd rising at the right moments, the sheer drama of the game - don't wal-mart the game experience into just another sports entertainment session

First home game in 5 years for me...The stadium looked great!

Whoever runs the board should quit or be replaced. They really have no clue on volumes, when to play, and it what way they should use it.. It's like driving a Porsche at 30 MPH. Having said that , the Jumbo-Tron is the ultimate new toy that will find its way.

The other thing that got me was how lame our crowd was in the third qtr ....ITS FREAKING NOTRE DAME!!!!! Show some nuts and man up.

BTW, when did we become so politically correct that Hatch in his speech on the Jumbo-Tron actually said that its not about winning or losing and kissing ND's ass the entire time???

Any chance that would be played at the Bama/LSU Game?? Hopefully with his new duties, allow Randolph Childress to write all Wake advertisements on the Tron!

All of the marketing/promotional videos reeked of Notre Dame ass-kissing.

Horrible....Show some pride for our guys who were playing there heart's out....BTW, I did not realize how much Rees sucks...Most of the ND' fans around me hated him...I would take our guy any day over him

First home game in 5 years for me...The stadium looked great!

Whoever runs the board should quit or be replaced. They really have no clue on volumes, when to play, and it what way they should use it.. It's like driving a Porsche at 30 MPH. Having said that , the Jumbo-Tron is the ultimate new toy that will find its way.

The other thing that got me was how lame our crowd was in the third qtr ....ITS FREAKING NOTRE DAME!!!!! Show some nuts and man up.

BTW, when did we become so politically correct that Hatch in his speech on the Jumbo-Tron actually said that its not about winning or losing and kissing ND's ass the entire time???

Any chance that would be played at the Bama/LSU Game??
Hopefully with his new duties, allow Randolph Childress to write all Wake advertisements on the Tron!

Very lame. That and the holier-than-thou sportsmanship monlogue.

^ Also, did the announcements/video messages have to act like this was the first time we've ever played an important football game? Example (one of many): "Everyone wave your rally towels FOR OUR NATIONAL AUDIENCE!" Act like you've been there...

^ Also, did the announcements/video messages have to act like this was the first time we've ever played an important football game? Example (one of many): "Everyone wave your rally towels FOR OUR NATIONAL AUDIENCE!" Act like you've been there...
I very much see what you're saying except we have never been there before. This was Wake's first ever 8:00 ABC primetime home game. In 2006, Wake's only 8:00 ABC game was @Florida State.

The 8:00 ABC games are 'the best of the best.' The idea that Wake Forest hosted an 8:00 ABC game is amazing and shows how far we've come.

Last edited:
Our intro song is the worst in college football and quite possibly any sport of all time

we did not have an intro song. it was completely silent when the team ran out. if there is ever music, it's some techno electronic stuff. doesn't get guys or fans pumped.

THIS. My first home game this year. That was horrible last night. Amateurish. We don't need. 30k people scripted karaoke.

Waving towels is a lot less loud than clapping. Especially when people have gloves on. And since many of our fans don't like to yell, there isn't going to be as much noise.

Back