• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia Tech vs. Wake Forest Game Thread - 6:30 ESPNU

A post game blog post in which the only quotes are from the opposing coach.

So has Dan lost his press access yet? Pretty sure I was told that would happen if he was critical of the athletic department.

Can't shoot, Can't defend, Can't shoot free throws, barely rebound, and don't value the ball, not a good chance of success.

At this juncture I think the light at the end of the tunnel may be best seen with the departure of the current coaching staff.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel until Wellman is gone. Getting rid of our incapable coaching staff right now does nothing for us, because there are no worthy candidates who would commit to rebuilding this mess under his leadership. The light at the end of the tunnel appears just as soon as we hire a new AD, who can then clean house and start anew.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel until Wellman is gone. Getting rid of our incapable coaching staff right now does nothing for us, because there are no worthy candidates who would commit to rebuilding this mess under his leadership. The light at the end of the tunnel appears just as soon as we hire a new AD, who can then clean house and start anew.

Agreed. However, someone needs to post the pic of Hatch standing on the folding chair last week clapping. Looks like someone in the old folks home. I'm not even sure he knew why the hell he was even clapping.
That's what we're up against here. A clueless university president and an AD that has been totally allowed to run amok.

I'm all for a new AD but I think our problems go even higher. Wake, as a university, must decide if it's going to seriously compete at this level of athletics. I'm not sure that question has been answered. Yes, I get we're erecting buildings.
But, I see little to no commitment to place highly qualified athletes within these buildings. None.

Dan takes his fair share of crap on these boards but I give him huge props for writing this feature. It took a lot of guts but theres no doubt except for the fans that are part of the 1% he's speaking for us, has our back and is our best and most heard voice.

I can assure you RW, DM and the entire staff have read this. Its time for Wake to demand better for our BB program. VT was a shit show when Buzz took this over replacing a coach who was fired after 2 years (the thing that most of us LOWF says you just can't do) and getting to .500 in conference. This year he's won more road games than Wake has in 6 years...seriously. The rest of you can start talking about how good our Frosh are and rotations but this program is on life support with no reason to believe next year will be better. Great players don't necessarily make great coaches. Do any of you see ex professional golfers mentioned among the great golf instructors? Next year will be 7 years without a post season invite. My guess thats the longest such stretch since 1960.

Wake fans are so abused we just cower down in a corner and take it.

Whoa. I didn't say four NBA draft picks. Just players who will get a chance. Prospects.

This is what I meant when I was surprised no one questioned that and it's interesting to see that at least one poster thinks we have 4 NBA draft picks. I agree that the 3 freshmen and Thomas will get a chance but can also see them all go undrafted. Of course the freshmen have plenty of time to affect that but Thomas is not a first round pick and I don't see him as a type of player that teams use a 2nd round pick on. He may make a team but, at this point, I don't see any consistent, sure thing NBA talent on our roster. I would actually say Moore is closest if his trajectory continues to trend upward.

This is what I meant when I was surprised no one questioned that and it's interesting to see that at least one poster thinks we have 4 NBA draft picks. I agree that the 3 freshmen and Thomas will get a chance but can also see them all go undrafted. Of course the freshmen have plenty of time to affect that but Thomas is not a first round pick and I don't see him as a type of player that teams use a 2nd round pick on. He may make a team but, at this point, I don't see any consistent, sure thing NBA talent on our roster. I would actually say Moore is closest if his trajectory continues to trend upward.

The is no way Devin Thomas will get a chance in the NBA, he is too short, has limited hops and cant shoot. He could have been a great player if he developed a 10 foot jump shot. He had 4 years to do that.

I can imagine Dan Collins is tired of watching the losses pile up as well.

A post game blog post in which the only quotes are from the opposing coach.

So has Dan lost his press access yet? Pretty sure I was told that would happen if he was critical of the athletic department.

I wouldn't be surprised, but Dan doesn't really need to go get quotes from anybody at Wake anymore. He can just pick content he has from 13 of the last 15 games, change the proper nouns, and reprint it. Same shit, different day.

I also don't see how Crawford would have a shot at the NBA. I realize that he is just a freshman, but he makes really, really bad decisions, which NBA teams do not look for in a PG. You generally can't fix stupid, especially when those coaching him appear to be just as, if not more, clueless.

I thought it was funny when the announcers specifically commented that Va Tech's Coach was likely to take his jacket off and be animated during the game and that Manning just sits there calmly without a care in the world.

My seats are near the bench. Manning is in the ref's ear the entire game. He may not be jumping up and down like Williams but to say that he doesn't engage the refs is just not true.

Riding the refs does not make him a good coach. Just tired of people acting as if he has never questioned a ref's call.

I think people are questioning if he can coach...and rightly so

Dan needs to stop being a pussy and ask Ron if he plans on retiring, and if not, why not? Where is Margaret Johnson when you need her? She was the only one to directly call out [Redacted]. Dan did some passive aggressive shit, but never put Ron or [Redacted] on blast. He's not that type of reporter.

The is no way Devin Thomas will get a chance in the NBA, he is too short, has limited hops and cant shoot. He could have been a great player if he developed a 10 foot jump shot. He had 4 years to do that.

Well, LaRue actually played PG in the NBA. Anybody that saw him replace Rutland when he went down would never believed that. Are teams going to line up for Devin, not likely, could he work himself into the league, possible if he decides getting paid to play hoops is better than the alternatives.

Some great players get there and either never figure it out or try and rest on their college reps or are just content to be there. One thing Devin has is a big motor and when channeled properly it can be very effective.

Back