• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Virginia vs. Wake Forest Game Thread - Fuck It All To Hell

It's not Wake Forest which is in another state. It's New Bern. Little Washington ain't Washington, DC. Wake Forest has less NC feel to it than it did back in the day, but it's more of a national university now. It's in the Southern Ivy League but it has never been in the same conversation with Duke, which is an Ivy League school stuck in Derm.

The NC analogy was to only illustrate wake's reduced athletic image in general. Instead of being a big fish in a small pond - the big 4 - we are now a small fish in an ocean of whales. Instead of being covered by most nc papers we have one old guy in WS. Project this 10 years down the road when unc-chlt, ECU and App St grow in size and respect while Wake stubbornly holds fast to its 1960s philosophy

The NC analogy was to only illustrate wake's reduced athletic image in general. Instead of being a big fish in a small pond - the big 4 - we are now a small fish in an ocean of whales. Instead of being covered by most nc papers we have one old guy in WS. Project this 10 years down the road when unc-chlt, ECU and App St grow in size and respect while Wake stubbornly holds fast to its 1960s philosophy

We will never leave the acc - can't afford to - but the big time acc members will leave it eventually.

Listening to him doesn't mean they'll be able to do it. Sometimes you just got it or you don't.

You'd think that Coach Chill could get them to learn to shoot with he fingertips, with the ball not touching the palm. That's where the "touch" is. The palm adds too many nerve endings.

You'd think that Coach Chill could get them to learn to shoot with he fingertips, with the ball not touching the palm. That's where the "touch" is. The palm adds too many nerve endings.

False.

3b125820f8c95b0de3f25fb12987e96c.jpg

On the contrary, I think college basketball has more parity and is easier to compete in now than it ever has been. We have HUGE advantages in resources, facilities, conference, and history over many of the teams that have been much better than us for the last 6 years...we simply need a coach and leadership capable of taking advantage of them. The mega conferences were created for football and have little to do with our ability to compete in basketball.

Been saying this for years but people don't believe me, especially UNC and Duke fans.

barkley said on the simmons' podcast that our game is the reason he doesn't get into coaching and then went into detail of the game and how he is pulling for manning.

Ha, not sure if serious considering half the posts are complaining Moore should get more PT. He had an alley-oop dunk, and then he was out again. He looked good.

Yeah, wasn't able to watch the game and didn't care to read through 20 pages of posts. Just saw that he only played for two minutes and wanted to know why. Figures that he looked good. As others have said, if I'm Moore, I'm looking to transfer. It's ridiculous that Manning won't give him meaningful minutes.

Yeah, wasn't able to watch the game and didn't care to read through 20 pages of posts. Just saw that he only played for two minutes and wanted to know why. Figures that he looked good. As others have said, if I'm Moore, I'm looking to transfer. It's ridiculous that Manning won't give him meaningful minutes.

I thought DM was supposed to be great for big men, so why transfer? Moore didn't start out looking like he'd contribute, but now we clamor for him to play.

DM said on his radio show last night that the main reason that Moore hasn't got the minutes is "because he's playing behind DT who's averaging a double double" and he doesn't want them both on the court at the same time.

DM said on his radio show last night that the main reason that Moore hasn't got the minutes is "because he's playing behind DT who's averaging a double double" and he doesn't want them both on the court at the same time.

So when Devin got hurt it was the perfect chance to put in.... McClinton.

Pretty sure DT hasn't been averaging 38 minutes a game and since Moore is getting about that much game time, it doesn't add up?

Pretty sure that Moore's 2 minutes in the Virginia game were with DT on the court.

And I would be much more understanding of this if we were say..........winning.

Back