• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT gametime -- 6:30 pm/ESPN3.com

Yes, this is an ESPN night game quality contest now which is on ESPN3.

I hear if we make a bowl game it will be moved to ESPN3 as well.

Virginia Tech (5-1, 1-1) vs. Wake Forest (4-1, 3-0)

Potential ACC Championship Game preview on ESPN3.

Virginia Tech (5-1, 1-1) vs. Wake Forest (4-1, 3-0)

Potential ACC Championship Game preview on ESPN3.

I know you're making more of a statement about the coverage rather than the significance of the game... but... (just for fun) looking ahead at schedules, I think this game pretty much puts one team on an inside track for the ACCCG and leaves the other lucky to even have a shot at it.

Obviously the CU game would remain huge regardless if the winning ways continue; but VT has a pretty much identical (implication/timing-wise) matchup w/ Coastal foe GT later in the year.

I actually looked at Clemson's schedule this afternoon, to see where they might possibly trip up. great feeling.

it's so nice to be relevant.

I actually think the game means much more for VT than us. We can lose and beat Clemson at there place and still win division. Game at Clemson is much more important in terms of division than VT. Although, we do need every conference win we can get in order to prevent being screwed in bowl selection.

I actually think the game means much more for VT than us. We can lose and beat Clemson at there place and still win division. Game at Clemson is much more important in terms of division than VT. Although, we do need every conference win we can get in order to prevent being screwed in bowl selection.

Yeah, but Georgia Tech (presumably VT's challenger for the Coastal) plays Clemson the week before the WF/CU & GT/VT match-ups.

That's likely going to be a very meaningful game (CU @ GT) for both divisions and would pretty much determine the importance of this Saturday's outcome assuming VT & WF keep winning into November.

If we beat VT, they sink to 1-2 in the ACC and the Coastal cellar with likely UVa and Duke.

God I hope Duke beats FSU next week.

If we beat VT, they sink to 1-2 in the ACC and the Coastal cellar with likely UVa and Duke.

God I hope Duke beats FSU next week.

Those outcomes might cause the ACC brass to (*$@ a chicken.

That said, I would love to see it.

If Clemson were to lose to GT (or Maryland or UNC), we could even go 1-2 in the next 3 games, beat them and Maryland and still win the division. Basically hard to see a way where we can get to the ACCCG without winning in Death Valley (and oh how sweet that would be)

If Clemson were to lose to GT (or Maryland or UNC), we could even go 1-2 in the next 3 games, beat them and Maryland and still win the division. Basically hard to see a way where we can get to the ACCCG without winning in Death Valley (and oh how sweet that would be)

I like your train of thought.

However, when we play at Clemson, it is FLAG DAY. And Johnny Swofford LOVES him some flag day.

Back