• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT gametime -- 6:30 pm/ESPN3.com

To come out the night before or the morning of...that is the question.

If we can get a large enough RV, you'll have a place to crash if you want to be out there early to get the fire going.

A most glorious time for a kickoff!

And United play Liverpool that morning soooo, yeah, I'll be amped up.

Not that I ever leave early but maybe with the game not on tv people will be less likely to leave at halftime.

If we can get a large enough RV, you'll have a place to crash if you want to be out there early to get the fire going.

Good deal. I'll let you know more as the time approaches. Just have to stay sober enough not to be hungover all day Saturday.

Very strange that this game is not on TV at all.

But great news for those of us tailgating and going to the game!

It's a 6:30 because the university wants it to be at 6:30. Since it's not televised, they chose the time they wanted. Is it possible that they asked out of the Raycom slot to get the TV time they wanted?

Yeah, this was my thinking. Only weird thing is FSU-Duke got picked over us for the 3:00 game as well. Was Wake so dead set on 6:30 that we opted out of a kickoff at 3? Seems a bit strange

I really think we did that before in the last several years.

Yeah, this was my thinking. Only weird thing is FSU-Duke got picked over us for the 3:00 game as well. Was Wake so dead set on 6:30 that we opted out of a kickoff at 3? Seems a bit strange

Not sure you are allowed to "opt-out" of TV coverage, that doesn't seem particularly fair to the visiting teams' fans. I am surprised that ESPN feels that FSU/Duke is higher on the pecking order than VT/Wake, but that last slot is pretty limited regional coverage, so maybe ESPN feels like they can drive some traffic to ESPN3 by having the VT/Wake game on there.

Not sure you are allowed to "opt-out" of TV coverage, that doesn't seem particularly fair to the visiting teams' fans. I am surprised that ESPN feels that FSU/Duke is higher on the pecking order than VT/Wake, but that last slot is pretty limited regional coverage, so maybe ESPN feels like they can drive some traffic to ESPN3 by having the VT/Wake game on there.

Interesting. Seems possible.

This isn't like putting Duke-UNC on espn2 back in the day. ESPN wants their best properties on TV. Raycom passed over it. It's all about VT, not Wake. That Clemson game put a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of people.

So the students will be gone after 1 quarter so they can go to a homecoming dance/event where they hope some drunk prude girl will dry hump them afterwards.

Just to make sure I'm reading this thread right, everyone said Wake should push as hard as they can to get an evening gametime since it's homecoming, and then when we get the evening gametime that Wake supposedly wanted, everyone is now pissed off?

I'm in a wedding in Colorado that weekend. Can I still watch ESPN3 on my Verizon phone through my TWC account? And what time is 6:30 ET in Denver?

I'm in a wedding in Colorado that weekend. Can I still watch ESPN3 on my Verizon phone through my TWC account? And what time is 6:30 ET in Denver?

If you have the WatchESPN app on either Droid or iPhone you should be able to. I watched most of the Clemson game on my Incredible this past weekend and they had the espn3 games available too I believe.

Back