• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT @ WF — Saturday 3:30 RSN

With Andersen Qbing the D we have given up only 1 TD in the last 6 quarters. Calling the defense from that safety spot is an unsung but very important cog.

Yep. He deserves to keep the starting spot when Masterson returns.

Big time W. Syracuse next. Let’s make some noise. Extremely hyped about this defensive transformation!z

I was there...Most fun I've had at a game in a while. Anderson was ALL OVER THE FIELD. Boogie is just so, so fucking good. Running backs played well and we our coached them. Such. Big win. I'm so happy for the team!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but previously #5 UNCs best win came against this VT team without their starting QB.

The downside of Covid was way fewer reps for the D to get organized. The BIG upside is Nick Andersen getting reps and noticed and being a big contributor. Also Kaelin Carsen.

Also the Williams kid who hustled and downed the punt on the 2.

The downside of Covid was way fewer reps for the D to get organized. The BIG upside is Nick Andersen getting reps and noticed and being a big contributor. Also Kaelin Carsen.

Also the Williams kid who hustled and downed the punt on the 2.

Williams is a hell of a slot receiver who will be great for us. He's playing behind Roberson and Morin currently but he has made multiple great special teams plays.

Stack the box and putting our corners on islands is our only hope.

Not a good recipe for success - we just don’t matchup well with VT.

Need some turnovers.

Worked out pretty well, with Nick getting the hst trick of picks.

Williams is a hell of a slot receiver who will be great for us. He's playing behind Roberson and Morin currently but he has made multiple great special teams plays.

Clawson commented that if it wasn't for the free year, Williams would not be playing special teams. Because it is, Clawson is using him on Special Teams.

Having the true freshmen all available is a big help for Wake because Wake is usually thin at one or more positions every season.

Great game plan and execution. I liked first pitch out (3 times IIRC.....all for positive yards) in 2 seasons.

What happened to our short passing game?

Last edited:
Great game plan and execution. I liked first pitch out (3 times IIRC.....all for positive yards).

What happened to our short passing game?

VaTech decided to take that away. Thus CBS and KWIII had big games rushing. Why throw when CBS has almost 100 yards in the first quarter.

Wake did to VaTech what many thought VaTech would do to Wake: run effectively.

Nice to see the Refs through deserved flags in the second half

VaTech decided to take that away. Thus CBS and KWIII had big games rushing. Why throw when CBS has almost 100 yards in the first quarter.

Wake did to VaTech what many thought VaTech would do to Wake: run effectively.

I am still in awe of our defensive effort stopping the run. The fact that Herbert only ran for 64 yards today is incredible. He was averaging 148 yards per game leading up to today. Some were going as far to say he was a Heisman candidate. Listening to Justin Fuente post game was amazing. The Hokies are in store for a tough week of practice this week.

Back