• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

VT @ WF — Saturday 3:30 RSN

I get NESN on YTTV in the Boston area. As long as it isn't blacked out there I should be good. NESN acts as the regional affiliate up here but may have gotten around the YTTV drop since it's primarily the Boston sports station.

This should be a very high scoring game overall. Both offenses are solid, VPI's defense is roughly where UVA's sat in metrics and we still hung 40 on the Hoos. We did, however, allow 23 points to a team with a QB who couldn't complete passes more than 10 yards downfield so..

It’s not a blackout. It’s just airing on stations a lot of people don’t have nowadays.

I live in Charlotte and have already seen that the game will be blacked out on espn3. I have Hulu live and was going to try to watch on the espn app while using a vpn on the fire stick. Ibelieve express vpn and surfshark have apps you can download on firestick

I’ve used ExpressVPN when it was strictly a location issue. I was in Vancouver when we played Duke last year. But what setting would we need to use to mimic a cable customer who gets Fox Sports stations? I hope the NCAA, NBA, NHL, and MLB put pressure on Sinclair to get over themselves so people can regional sports in a modern streaming landscape.

I’ve used ExpressVPN when it was strictly a location issue. I was in Vancouver when we played Duke last year. But what setting would we need to use to mimic a cable customer who gets Fox Sports stations? I hope the NCAA, NBA, NHL, and MLB put pressure on Sinclair to get over themselves so people can regional sports in a modern streaming landscape.

Well I noticed when I logged into my espn app they had the game listed as also being aired on espn3 but blacked out due to my location. I'm hoping that using the vpn app also will help solve that issue

I am able to get FSU and UL on watchespn. Not sure why but hopefully it will hold up all day.

Well I noticed when I logged into my espn app they had the game listed as also being aired on espn3 but blacked out due to my location. I'm hoping that using the vpn app also will help solve that issue

Guessing you could watch it on espn3 if you logged in with a cable provider that had the RSN.

Tried ExpressVPN on my Fire Stick. I can connect to Canada, but it looks like ESPN is blocking VPN use.

Are you using your YouTube TV login on the ESPN app?

I think you, if I understand what you’re asking - I have YouTube TV set as my TV Provider.

Nice. I can get FSU-Louisville. Thanks.

Sinclair is screwing themselves over if ESPN subscribers can get Fox Sports games.

Are you using your YouTube TV login on the ESPN app?

In order to watch any games you do have to input your provider. If someone is getting fsu in atlanta I would imagine that's a good omen for the game not being blocked

Usually putting in your provider means you don’t get games for channels you choose not to get. But it makes sense ESPN would allow subscribers who don’t get Fox Sports. If we did get Fox Sports, we probably couldn’t get it on ESPN3.

So it calls into question Sinclair’s strategy.

Also FYI I downloaded a app on my phone called NCAA football live streaming that looks like it has links to pretty much every game if you're desperate

Back